Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-21-2002, 09:13 AM   #81
Bob
Registered

I couldn't wait after reading that others had received corrected key codes already. I went to the SereneScreen website and requested my key code again.

This time I received a different one ... and it works!

The lion fish is even better than I expected.

Great work, Jim.

Bob Frank
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:17 AM   #82
navydiver
Registered

Smile

Hi Jim,

I got the new update last night and the lionfish looks awsome. Thanks for the hard work. I noticed from your bio that you're originally from the Valley also(I'm from Van Nuys) and an ex-pilot(I became a diver because I quickly realized that there were a lot more airplanes in the ocean than submarines in the sky). Anyway, great job.

I did notice a small glitch in my version of 1.1 that you may be aware of: Everything ran beautifully and then I played with the buttons(as naturally I would) and turned off the bubble stream. When I viewed the screen, the starfish was blinking on and off and the fish were running into the coral(or at least the graphics were screwy).

It's not a big deal since I doubt anyone would want to keep the bubble stream off but I thought you might like to know. I'm looking forward to those shrimp and a couple more creatures in the future. ( a boxfish, eel, shrimp and moving anemone are on my Christmas wish list).

Thanks again.
Steve
navydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:24 AM   #83
JPichat
Registered

12 Highscores

Angry Key Code

The first key I received also did not work.

However, I went to this page
http://www.fish-byte.com/support/releasereg.htm

and requested a new key. This second worked like a charm.

Excellent Job Jim!!!!!

JPichat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:32 AM   #84
cjmaddy
Registered

Version 1.1

Just got home, and went on to the web site. Downloaded and installed. ALL WENT PERFECTLY! Fabulous job Jim! The new Lion Fish is wonderful! Thanks again,

Keep up the good work!

cjmaddy (UK)
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:55 AM   #85
cimeboat
Registered

Smile

Thanks Jim,Feldon Fav and all those that have contributed! A job well done. The new version is "FANTASTIC"!!!!!!!
cimeboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 10:10 AM   #86
lancensign
Yellow Tang

I'm sorry to see that so many are having trouble, however my experience could not have gone more smoothly. I logged into this forum last night, saw the announcement that 1.1 was out, and made a beeline for my email inbox. Not finding anything there, I went to the Prolific site and provided the information to have the keycode emailed to me. I waited until it arrived, then downloaded the new version off of the Prolific website. Before installing, I completely removed the previous version of the aquarium. I installed 1.1, copied and pasted my keycode from the email into the registration screen, sat back and enjoyed.

I personally think the lionfish is the most incredible of all the fish that have been done so far. I think the eyes and moving mouth are just wonderful. I've also noticed that smaller fish not only avoid collision, but actually turn tail and move away when the lionfish comes their way. This fish appears to be king of the hill.

I love the transparency of the fins -- it just looks amazing the way you see the other fish through the fins when they swim past the lionfish. Also, the way the lionfish moves is perfect. This is excellent work.

For fun, I set the tank up with all seven fish as lionfish for a while, which was rather scary lookin'. Now I have my original complement of fish, with one slot now dedicated to the lionfish.

No bugs to report here, but if I notice anything I'll post it promptly. So far, it's working flawlessly under Windows XP Professional... my framerate actually seems to have gone up slightly, which is a plus! Good work, thank you Mr. Sachs, and I think you ought to take a well-deserved vacation very soon.
lancensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 10:13 AM   #87
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I just want to say to Jim and the gang at Prolific, Sorry the rollout didn't work as smoothly as everyone had hoped.

Of course a few bugs were bound to pop up causing some negative experiences and comments. It's to be expected and I think the majority of us on the forum know this.

But we also know what a great job you guys have been doing since the beginning and what hard work we can expect from you in the future. I'm sure everyone there were all over those problems as soon as they surfaced to your attention. And you nailed them down as quick as you could. Good job!

I hope most of the fuss is behind you know, with a few mop up jobs left that I'm sure the guys at Prolific can handle on their own, while you, Jim, can get started on the 3d background again. Then when your finished, we can do this all over again. Wont that be fun? haha

Anyway, I waited patiently, got my new key code, everything looks great, I'm as happy as can be.

Thanks
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 10:32 AM   #88
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

Big Grin version 1.1 comment

hi people, this is my first
i also cannot be found in databse. i did everything i was told to do. at the last they wanted my mailing adress auden left me hangin there last night. bought 02-08-2001, bye. bob
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 10:40 AM   #89
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Don't feel bad people, I wasn't in there either. Of course, I got my code a looooooooooong time ago, when you sent everything directly to Jim. I did fill out the form this morning and received my new code within several minutes, so it looks like everything is working fine now.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 10:58 AM   #90
trailkill
Registered

Big Grin

Well I still haven't gotten my new Key code yet. I purchased my version back in August of 2000. I sent sevice an email with all the information they asked for and I just filled out the form here. So all I can do is wait.

I hope not long, I really like this ScreenSaver!!!!

TK
trailkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:04 AM   #91
Alan5758
Registered

Smile

Two words can sum up this update:

"Absolutley Magnificent!"

Thanks again Mr. Sachs for your hard work.
Alan5758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:19 AM   #92
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Has anyone noticed this:

Put a Royal Gramma in the tank, turn all the lights down, wireframe on. Now look at the Royal Gramma, a fin on the left side is painted white(light-gray), all other wires are dark-gray. Looks a bit funny!

What about these strange registry-entries
(I have cleaned my registry before installing v1.1):

- Blankapace
- Blankspace

- StarfishAllowedGlass
- StarfishOnGlass

- NoDuplicateRandom
- NoDuplicateRandon

Think there are some duplicate values? What is Blankspace (or Blankapace) ?
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:42 AM   #93
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

v1.1 comments

hi,
saw jav's comment ,so thought i would try again this morning with info. no such luck. ah, yes patience is one of the hard things to learn
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:06 PM   #94
Xandrin
Registered

Big Grin

I also purchased the tank long ago when it was ordered through a simple HTML page Jim had put together. Since then I have probably gone through 4 email addresses (all of which I have tried on the keycode email page) and don't use the credit card that I did to purchase it with back then (no idea what the number was).

I sent Prolific an email last night stating this. Included my name, possible email addresses that would have been used, and my key code. They sent it back this morning requesting the same things I sent them last night again. Like they didn't even read it.

Anyway, I'm not in the database and awaiting yet another response from the email I sent them earlier this morning.

Somewhat dissatisfied.
Xandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:07 PM   #95
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Prolific and SereneScreen staff are not in the office yet. Most of us were up until 3am trying to make the upgrade process go as smooth as possible.

Hopefully people who have submitted their "I'm not in the database" information to Service@serenescreen.com will start getting replies in the next 2 hours.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:19 PM   #96
Prolific-Matt
Developer

It saddens me that the most loyal of Fish customers, those who purchased the aquarium in it's earliest days, are the ones who are having the hardest time getting new keycodes.

If you are not in the database, then we need to confirm your purchase. This can be as simple as giving us the Billing Address on the credit card you used, along with the email address you registered under.

This info should be sent to service@serenescreen.com. They can use this information to get you your new Key Code.

I am sure you all agree with our stance on not giving the upgrade to customers who did not pay for the original Aquarium. Ideas are welcome, if you have a better way to confrim users.

If you are trying to get a new Key Code and have not received an answer back from Service within 48 hours, email me at Matt@Prolific.com and I will see that your request is taken care of personally. Please include a copy of your original service request email, and only contact me if Customer Service has taken over 48 hours to resolve your issue.

95% of the service email we get is handled within 24 hours, so please be patient.
-Matt Miller
Prolific-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:48 PM   #97
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Bob,

the reply from Prolific that the keycode problem wouldn't be solved until noon Thursday was very pessimistic.

It was fixed at 1:30am Pacific time.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 02-21-2002, 12:51 PM   #98
asprague
Regal Angel

Xandrin,
I, too, could not get my new key by entering any of my e-mail addresses. In error, wrote a message to Prolific for help. Then I went back and tried again. On the page where you are notified that your e-mail address was not found in Prolific's records, is the following option:

If you have your BETA keycode & registration information you can get your new Key Code HERE.

Click on the "here" and enter your old keycode, your name, version (basic or deluxe) and one of your e-mail addresses. Bingo!! Immediately, I was sent my new key.
asprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #99
feldon34
Forum Administrator

There are two ways to get the keycode. It's spelled out at my website.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:18 PM   #100
pipbal
Registered

Angry Bangelijk

Hi Jim ,

GREAT job with the new version (LIONFISH) in Flemish(Belgium) we say .....

BANGELIJK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So me give a big pint of Belgium beer for Jim !!

www.duvel.be
Better 2 burn out then 2 fade away
pipbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive