Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-13-2002, 02:58 PM   #181
Gerty
Somewhat Confused

Silly Question (**again**)

This is for anyone to answer.....and I am sure it's just me, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen any of the fish interact with one another? I know it says (with the newer version) the smaller fish are suppose to get scared of the bigger fish sometimes & I haven't seen any of that yet. The reason I say "I am sure it's just me " is because maybe I haven't left my screen saver on long enough to see that happen.

If you have seen them get scared or any kind of interaction, please let me know and tell me what it looks like & I'll watch for it.

Thanks.

Aloha,
Gerty
Gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 03:43 PM   #182
AlabamaTom
Alabamatom

Fish Interaction

If you watch, when a smaller fish gets close to a larger fish, they will turn around and go the other direction.
This seems to be random of course.
I hope some of this is correct. Of course Feldon will Elaborate more on it when he sees this post.
Hope this helped.
AlabamaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 03:44 PM   #183
FishyBusiness
Registered

1 Highscore

With this latest version, Jim change the collision avoidance. In order for the fish to avoid swimming through each other, Jim made it so that the smaller fish turns away from the larger fish.

This is what it looks like: Lionfish is on a collision course witht he Percula Clown. When they meet, the percula clown will turn away from the bigger Lionfish. The smaller fish can also swim above or below the bigger fish.
Frank
FishyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:18 AM   #184
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Is it me, or do the fishes swim slower in this version? I've still got 99L running at the office and all the fish seem to zip around faster than 1.1 on my home pc. It could be the difference of drivers and what-not, but I thought maybe it was a programing change due to the addition of the lionfish or something. Anybody else notice this?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:39 AM   #185
Jim Sachs
Developer

The Beta testers asked me to slow them down.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 05:17 PM   #186
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Did you have to slow all of them down, Jim? Is that an all or none programing thing, or couldn't you have just slowed some of them down? I personally think it seems more real when they zip around like in 99L. Maybe that's something you could add in 1.2 while programming individual behavior, certain fish will zip around and others will crawl.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 05:51 PM   #187
Jim Sachs
Developer

Of course, when individual behavior is added, they will all behave... uh, individually.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-22-2002, 08:34 AM   #188
SunKing
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Of course, when individual behavior is added, they will all behave... uh, individually.

LOL!!! <...so hard that I almost spit out my coffee>
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:39 PM   #189
Bettabetta
Registered

My starfish keeps going left again, even after I reinstalled Version 1.1, and soon I only see half of it. Is this normal? Thank you for your advice
Bettabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:59 AM   #190
IXNAY
Green Frog

Big Grin Frames

I'm really dissappointed with version 1.1, with 99L I had about 40fps and now I have 30fps, and the aquarium takes a lot longer to load when it starts
The lionfish is cool, but it's really to small and it's a bit blury.

My frameproblems will not dissappear with the 3D Backgound right!? But I don'T understand why the fps-rate is so bad now, even without the lionfish displayed I have only 30fps
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 06:04 AM   #191
clifdene
Registered

My frame rate has stayed the same. I have both versions on my computer.I have noted that both versions now take much longer to load and brighten up.
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 06:32 AM   #192
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

There have been several times that my fps have changed. Actually with this version they have gone back up some for me. Jim and the crew at Prolific have looked at this trying to figure out just why this happens, and what specific changes are causing this to occur.

You might try installing different drivers and see what results you get that way. That could make a difference and help some.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 10:06 AM   #193
Jim Sachs
Developer

About a third of the users are reporting increased frame rates, a third decreased, and the rest unchanged. Life is like a box of chocolates -- You never know what you're going to get.

If you like .99L better, then just stick with it.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-26-2002, 11:34 AM   #194
feldon34
Forum Administrator

IXNAY,

Might be the right time to pick up a new video card. A really good one can be had for $45 these days.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:20 PM   #195
IXNAY
Green Frog

Well I have a Rivat TNT2 with latest nvida detonator drivers, this should be enough I think, or am I wrong?
And Jim, I'm just looking forward to the next versions because they will rock I think I just hope I get better fps with the next versions... (and I use 1.1 because this new deepblue is much better than this ugly brightblue), go on with that great work!
C YA

IXNAY
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
Old 03-26-2002, 12:40 PM   #196
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Uh, this sounds strange, with a TNT2 you should expect higher frame rates then 30. Even with my oooooold matrox G200 I get 28 fps! Or am I wrong?
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:41 PM   #197
DeltaLima
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
The Beta testers asked me to slow them down.
hmmm.. Last time I saw an aquarium it was in a disco bar and I could see sometime a slow fish to suddenly kickstart and run. Was he on acid? This would be a great addition. Fishs that chase is also awsome to look at even if it last 3 seconds.
DeltaLima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 09:22 PM   #198
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

When personalities get added there will be some short chasing. No fish will ever get mangled or anything, but we should see some more action then.

IXNAY,
As far as the 30 fps, it depends on what resolution you are running. If its as high as 1600x1200 that could be about right.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 05:21 AM   #199
IXNAY
Green Frog

Uhm I just use 1024x768 with win2k. After reebooting I only have 30fps too. Any more ideas?
Thanks for all comments
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -

Last edited by IXNAY; 03-27-2002 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:07 AM   #200
Bob
Registered

Check your color depth. You may be running in 32 bit. Your frame rates should be much greater in 16 bit color.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive