Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
jedware
Registered

High CPU usage on 9M

I have the latest installer version installed (beta9m) and I just noticed on one of my computers where the cooling fan increases speed based on cpu usage and noticed that when the screen saver is running that it is going full throttle. I am getting about 160 fps.

I don't remember previous beta versions taxing the cpu as much. Has something changed recently? Also, are there plans to place a limit on the fps?
jedware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Sounds like your Sleep time is set too low. It defaults to 10 when first installed, but there's no reason to run flat-out at 160 frames per second. Use the UP-ARROW to increase the Sleep time until you get about 60 fps.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
jedware
Registered

Thanks Jim. That was it. I think my kids found the arrow keys and changed it in the first place since that is what they use for most their games. Maybe they thought they could control the fish.
jedware is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows