Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-07-2001, 03:27 PM   #1
ScottCher
Registered

Windows XP and Dual-head Monitor

I've got Windows XP running on a Dual-head monitor system (Matrox Millenium card). Its a great system but downloading the Aquarium demo and getting it to work was impossible. Under a dual-monitor system, the screensaver complains about the resolution being set to high and quits immediately without giving the chance to change to a different mode.

I've worked around this issue by restarting my machine in single monitor mode, opening the screensaver settings and deselecting the DESKTOP RESOLUTION mode from the list of choices. I then restart my machine in dual-monitor mode and everything works fine.

It would be nice to have this setting de-selected as the default, at least that way people could use the screensaver. I will say, however, that even in dual-monitor mode, the screensaver is a bit quirky... When I wake up the machine from screensaver mode, it doesn't turn on the second monitor (when its on, it disables the second monitor)...

Even so, its a great piece of work...

Hope this helps someone else out there with a similar system.

S-
--
Dude, where's my fish?
ScottCher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

You're the first report I've heard of it working on a dual-monitor setup. The Microsoft DX6 examples which I used do not support dual monitors, so neither does the Aquarium. DX8 does, but it introduces a whole bag of new problems. I'm thinking of doing an interim DX7 version, and I believe that the DX7 examples support some of these weird configurations.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 04:04 PM   #3
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

ScottCher,

Not sure which version you are running, if its the full version, you can right click on the desktop icon and choose "configure" this will take you directly to the settings screen where you can make some changes without having to run the program the first time to get to the settings screen.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 07:33 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

He's running the DirectX 8 Microsoft Plus version of the Aquarium Jim wrote in June.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 06:18 PM   #5
LondonMike
Registered

Embarassed

Hi Jim

In case you are interested, I am quite happily running 99l on a dual head set up (WIN XP and Matrox G400MAX)

Screen 1 is a Fujitsu 42" Plasma running at 848x480, Screen 2 is a IIyama 17".

BOY does it look cool on the 42" :-)

Thanks for all your hard work, it's superb (of course)

Mike
LondonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive