Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-30-2001, 11:45 AM   #1
ajlaban
Registered

Great Job on Website Overhaul!

Morgan,

Very fine job! Thank you and all of your helpers. The printable guide will be great for those new to the fish in the Aquarium.

This is a great place to be!
Passed away August 27, 2008.
ajlaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 04:17 PM   #2
asprague
Regal Angel

Re: Great Job on Website Overhaul!

I'll second that. An A+ job by all. Looks great and prints great. Muchly appreciated.
Thanks.
asprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 08:10 PM   #3

That main menu looks better than Jim's now!

I'd love to be able to make a menu like that for my websites, but wouldn't know where to start !

Any chance of a tutorial section on FeldonCentral sometime ?
Old 06-30-2001, 11:11 PM   #4
hayc59
VoodØØ Child™

i to agree nice web page!! Have a Great Fourth of July All!!
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêÐ
Never Forget

God Bless America

hayc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 01:50 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The menu is all done on Photoshop.

First, you need a nice background graphic.

Then you create the text on a separate floating layer. The lettering has to be the right size, fit the colors of the background and stand out but not too much. I did a drop shadow on the lettering so it doesn't get lost in the background. I do drop shadows manually, but Photoshop has a drop shadow feature now.

Once you're done, you just draw cut lines and use ImageReady to save it as all the separate pieces to make the website. I do this step manually, but ImageReady apparently does it easier. Might try this some day!

To make the menu items light up when you point to them, just copy the Javascript code I used. It's very easy to use. Just have to have a name="blah" inside the IMG SRC tag, and then the 4 pieces inside the A HREF tag reference the name tag.

The hard part is I made all my menu items and cut them all out, while keeping the text floating. Then I changed the color of the floating text and did the whole cut out process again to have "lighted up" versions of all the buttons.

The unchanging fish and buttons that light up fit together like a jigsaw puzzle in a couple of tables. This is a bit hard to explain but a table creator program can do it for you.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 05:58 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. I have Paintshop Pro, which I know does most of what Photoshop does (once I know how!). I'll check out ImageReady and see what that does too.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive