Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 07-17-2001, 10:20 PM   #1
ajlaban
Registered

Starfish Mania - a composited image by ajlaban

Things seem to be a little slow around here and I know we have all been bitten by the starfish bug! In keeping with that and to feed my own starfish mania while we await Jim's next opus, I threw together a composite image of Jim's background, some of his fish, my favorite fish, 6 different starfish, 2 Perculas cavorting in a green Sebae anemone, and a few extra corals. This is a 1024x768 jpg.

Passed away August 27, 2008.
ajlaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 01:32 PM   #2

Re: Starfish Mania

Hey, Jim limited us on 7 charcters. Your picture shows13 characters, that`s allmost twice as many.

Petition to free up that limit is on the way!
Old 07-18-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Jim has limited the screensaver to 7 "fish" in the non-widescreen version and 8 fish in the widescreen version. The ultra-wide version which will have a panning camera "might" allow for even more.

However, invertabrates such as Starfish, crabs, shrimp, etc. will not count against the maximum "fish" limit.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 04:09 PM   #4
ajlaban
Registered

Also, the schooling fish count as one. So there are 6 fish and 7 invertebrates (which I arbitrarily counted as one [I have no idea how Jim will count multiple invertebrates toward the "fish" complement]).
Passed away August 27, 2008.
ajlaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 08:10 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

7 fish, 3 invertebrates. That's the regular limit.
8 fish, 3 invertebrates. That's the widescreen limit.

Of course that's a bit misleading because the Starfish very likely will be the only invertebrate before we go to...

The 3D background double-wide version, whose fish/invert limit is anyone's guess--maybe 10 fish and 5 inverts?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive