Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Dale
Banned

Ctrl-C

Ctrl-C is listed (in the "About" panel) as "Reset window position".

On my system (W7-32), it appears to toggle among the three available clock/calendar things, without showing any logos.

What is Ctrl-C supposed to do?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

If you are in windowed mode, and happen to drag the Aquarium window off-screen where you can no longer reach its drag bar, CTRL-C will position it back on the screen.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
If you are in windowed mode, and happen to drag the Aquarium window off-screen where you can no longer reach its drag bar, CTRL-C will position it back on the screen.  
OK, I understand the purpose - and it does that OK. But it also does some other things. I would call this "inconsistent":

In Windowed Mode, Ctrl-C:
A. Positions it back on the screen.
B. Makes the window a "standard" size and aspect ratio.
C. Toggles through all of the items in the Clock/Logo list. And just the items in that list.. If no clocks are in the list, then you don't see a clock. [Just like the "L" key)

In Full-Screen Mode, Ctrl-C:

C. Toggles through Just the 3 Clock/Calendar items, regardless of what else might be in the logo list - and regardless of whether a particular clock, or the calendar, is in the list.

A&B. Does not change the (future) position and aspect ratio that will be next displayed in windowed mode.

=========
Comments:
1. I'm not sure why Ctrl-C messes with the Clock and Logo stuff - but if it's going to do that, the behavior should be consistent. (Any one of the four possible alternatives would be OK)

2. It seems to me that, in Full-Screen Mode, Ctrl-C should change the future position and aspect ratio of the windowed mode, even if that change is not currently visible. But I'm guessing that opinion won't be shared by everybody (if you can't see the change, it shouldn't make the change??)
Old 05-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Currently, CTRL-C changes the clock because C changes the clock. I'll have to look for a way of filtering out the special case where the user is also pressing CTRL.

I'll look at that other stuff when I have time. i only have enough mental RAM to hold one item at a time.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Currently, CTRL-C changes the clock because C changes the clock.  
Not exactly. Note that (if you have clocks and logos in your logolist):

In windowed mode, CTRL-C and C do entirely different things.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

All part of the same thing. I'm working on it.

OK, I think I've got that one fixed (if it didn't cause problems in other parts of the program).
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows