Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #21
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Indeed Dale indeed. In this case your solution is very apt.
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #22
Dale
Banned

Richard says (via email) that his problem is fixed.

I'm not sure which solution he used (or perhaps both?) - Perhaps he will elaborate here later.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #23
richardt1945
Registered

Thanks?????

Originally posted by henemly:
Good one Dale, even an ultra beginner should be able to follow that.  
For your infotmation and everone else I try to do what Dale and you said befor I ever asked anyone to help,I had to use File association Program to fix this,I have Computers for years and I just needed a little help with this now it all works fine, but Thank you for your little insult,I will remember you!!!
Richard
richardt1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
richardt1945
Registered

For your information I had tried this way before I ask for help, So I used a File Association Fixer,and everthing worked jusy fine,thanks for the insult,at first I didn't want to used it because I throught that I might mess up my windows 7
IHope you understand this,I have used computers for many years.

Richard
richardt1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #25
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by richardt1945:
For your information I had tried this way before I ask for help, So I used a File Association Fixer,and everthing worked jusy fine,thanks for the insult,at first I didn't want to used it because I throught that I might mess up my windows 7
IHope you understand this,I have used computers for many years.

Richard  
Richard, I didn't think henemly intended any insult. In fact, I thought he was giving me high praise for having written a clear, concise, and unambiguous description.

And from the way you said things, it was certainly not obvious to me that you had in-depth computer knowledge.

By the way, I've been using computers since 1958 - and I still have a lot to learn.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #26
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Originally posted by richardt1945:
For your infotmation and everone else I try to do what Dale and you said befor I ever asked anyone to help,I had to use File association Program to fix this,I have Computers for years and I just needed a little help with this now it all works fine, but Thank you for your little insult,I will remember you!!!
Richard  
I agree with Dale, I don't think any insult was intended at all!

Also Dale always tend to write "bullet-proof" ways of testing, which has proven to be successfully many times. If not all steps are written down, it's not that easy to follow.

I can sometimes feel that Dales ways of describing how to do it, is down to that a 3-year old can follow it. Which is great, because in the end if a step is missed it won't work and we won't know the step was missing. Then we have to try another solution, even though the first one actually would have worked....
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #27
JohnWho
Registered

This is one of the problems I've seen (and experienced) while trying to provide Tech support on a forum.

The person describing the problem virtually never discusses every specific troubleshooting step they've taken. Often, then, a responder will suggest something already done. It is also impossible to actually "see" the person's computer to know exactly what is happening and exactly what the person is doing (or not doing).

The length of time a person has "been using" a computer may often be irrelevant, too. I know folks who have only been using a PC for a few years that will know more than someone who used them for many years. This is partly because some people only learn that which they need to understand to use their PC while others become knowledgeable about what goes on beyond the programs they use.

In any case, getting free help that gets a problem resolved is a "good thing" and anyone offering their time to do this should be appreciated.

At least, that's my two cents.
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #28
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Morgan and I have been doing this for going on 10 years now, and the only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that you will never get the whole story from someone trying to describe a problem.

Playing Sherlock Holmes is part of the job description.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #29
cjmaddy
Registered

.... Precisely my dear Watson! ...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #30
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jav400:
Morgan and I have been doing this for going on 10 years now, and the only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that you will never get the whole story from someone trying to describe a problem.  
... and that person will take offense if asked to clarify something, and will really be totally offended if you say "please describe exactly, step by step and click by click, what you do to duplicate the problem".

Or, like https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=5275 somebody will register, post a short problem description, get some helpful suggestions and questions to clarify the problem --- and then never come back to answer those questions and/or report success.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #31
henemly
asdf

Wow, no insult intended. As Dale explained in such detail, it was classic.

Glad you are years computer user and got fixed it with shortcut, etc.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows