Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #41
StumpyBloke
Registered

As I said, I wanted the screen saver to recognise when I press a button on Microsofts completely standard media center remote control. Through messing around with it, I found it worked (ie closed the screen saver) with the 'clear' button. Personally, I never asked for Ctrl-F4.

Rich
StumpyBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #42
StumpyBloke
Registered

Originally posted by jleslie:
I thought he was saying he had what he wanted in the first place?  
Yes, you are spot-on!

Rich
StumpyBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #43
boondoklife

Lightbulb Media Center Remote Issues

Hi all, I stumbled on this thread while I was looking for an easy way to have the screensaver turn off while using a Windows MCE Remote.

I'm not sure about the Alt+F4 as I have a MS certified Remote and have yet to figure out what button launches that! The "Clear" button does work, but it is not very "clear", as I have never had to use that button for any other function. Why not just create a separate option for Media Center Remotes (May I suggest putting it in the same place as the exit on mouse movement option).

For the option to work correctly, I would suggest having the screen saver listen to all of the following keys/key combinations that MS has layed out in media center. I think listening for all of them is a good idea as windows media center will pickup the key presses even if the screen saver is running.

Microsoft Media Center Button List

Here are a couple of scenarios that will illustrate the issue:

1) If you pause a show and your screen saver kicks on then you press play to resume, the show will resume in the background but the screensaver stay active and on.

2) Less savy users will be unsure how to exit the screensaver, the "Clear" button is not a "Clear" solution .
boondoklife is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows