Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-20-2002, 12:11 AM   #81
memilm
Registered

What I mean is somehing like that :
I have name for the aquarium like:
aquarium01
random01
lionfish_random
angelfish

by saving the setting I'd like to select from the list one of the names as example random01 and edit it to random05, without a list by save function I don't know if this random05 exist or not and when the last opened setting-file was angelfish is more worse...
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 12:30 AM   #82
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
memilm
I don't quite get ur meaning....???????

Mountainmaster
Additional dialog pop-up asking "Overwite the existing seatting?" when save the setting with the existing name in the list, will be great!
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 02:38 AM   #83
Swede
Registered

I think Memiln wants a function added in the save popup window that makes you choose from your old saves there to be able to overwrite old ones, or see what the other pre sets have for a name.

I think I agree. (depending of this is what he meant, hehe)
4x / F C Am G F C Am G //
Chorus: 3x /F C Am G F C Am G//
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 04:36 AM   #84
hpman77
Blue Angel

I think the program is better and better in each new version. I'm so impressed I just don't know what to suggest no problems so far, even the weird star thing never happened here.

I'll suggest something to feldon or jav rather than to mountainmaster.... make this thread sticky!
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 01:31 PM   #85
memilm
Registered

Swede has right, I want to see what of names I already have saved and save the new setting like one of the old ones, a little bit modified.
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:03 AM   #86
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

memilm,
If you want to modify an existing setting you open it from the dropdownlist, modify it and save it. I see no need to add the dropdownlist once again in the inputbox, even if I could. The inputbox is a standard windows box that is called by my program. A programmer can not change the objects in it.
However, if you wanted to see your existing settings for fear of overwriting one of them I can tell you that that can no longer happen. There now is a confirm overwrite dialog like James suggested.

Swede (and all to whom this applies),
I accidently included the old regfile for the 'starfish off' setting that caused you problems with builds 7 and 8. Please make sure you download the latest.

Fish Picker v.1.1 build 9: http://home.wanadoo.nl/sfinx98/progs/picker.zip

Last edited by Mountainmaster; 05-21-2002 at 04:50 PM.
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 07:15 PM   #87
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

I am now adding an advanced panel to the Fish Picker where you can set Blankspace and NoCompressedTextures. There also is a CalcNormals subkey in the registry. Can anyone tell me what that setting is used for?
Old 05-22-2002, 07:53 PM   #88
feldon34
Forum Administrator

CalcNormals makes the lighting on the fish look minimally better.

It doesn't work real well on certain cards and causes a performance drop, which is why it went from being optional, default ON to optional, default OFF back in the 99 versions of the Aquarium.

I doubt anyone uses Calc Normals and if they do, they'll set it and forget it vs turning it on and off periodically.

To toggle the Calculate Normals setting, press N. Often, the only way to tell it's on is your FPS goes down 8%.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 05-22-2002 at 07:55 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:54 AM   #89
Swede
Registered

I doubt anyone uses Calc Normals and if they do, they'll set it and forget it vs turning it on and off periodically.
I didn't know this was available, but just so you know:
It makes a big difference in my aquarium! No dropping of framefrate but instead you see a much nicer muscle movement where the tailfins are mounted to the fish. Cool!

Last edited by Swede; 05-23-2002 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:43 PM   #90
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

Actually neither of these advanced settings does anything for my geforce256 except decrease its performance. But if anyone wants to try, they are now easily accessable through my Fish Picker v.1.2:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/sfinx98/progs/picker.zip
Old 05-24-2002, 12:27 AM   #91
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Karlskrona, what card would that be?

/TT
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 04:46 AM   #92
James

Mountainmaster
Nice new update...I would like to suggest that u change the label word from "Edit" to "Option"...that'll be more sensible....

so r u developing the fully graphical drag and drop version?
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 05-24-2002, 04:59 AM   #93
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Mountainmaster, this thing is really cool. I love it. Don't stop working on it. Take your time and keep improving it.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:57 AM   #94
Swede
Registered

Mountainmaster: Nice job!, but you need to decrease the imagemap for the Addis Butterfly fishie. When you try to click on "edit" or "file", the program thinks you want to drag the fish... (unless you go there from above or from the side of the window.)

Tiny Turtle: Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 64 Mb (TV-out) (Yes its the famous Kyro II on it!) hehe
Old 05-24-2002, 12:54 PM   #95
James

Swede
That's becoz the size of the "hand cursor" which make this illusion, the cursor is actually inside the image map but the forefinger of the hand cursor already pointed to the File or Edit.....since the actualy position of the cursor is at center of the hand cursor, not at the tip of the forefinger.....if u move the cursor slowly upwards to the menu from Addis Butterfly, u'll eventually see the cursor changes back to normal and the tip of arrow is just right under the menu!!(it just get out the imagemap)
nevertheless, I have the same trouble on this, it make me hard to choose the File or Edit.
Mountainmaster
any possible improvement on this?
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 05-24-2002, 03:55 PM   #96
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

James,
I would like to suggest that u change the label word from "Edit" to "Option"
I changed it to "Tools", because "Option" did not quite cover it either.
so r u developing the fully graphical drag and drop version?
Not yet. It will be the next thing I do, but needs a lot of work, change the whole layout, recap the fish pics in smaller format (maybe optimized for a different color background) etc.

Swede,
When you try to click on "edit" or "file", the program thinks you want to drag the fish
I fixed it. The pictures were aligned to the menu but I moved them away from it. There still seems to be a slight overlap, but not very disturbing.

Fish Picker v.1.2.2
http://home.wanadoo.nl/sfinx98/progs/picker.zip
Old 05-24-2002, 04:38 PM   #97
James

Mountainmaster
Nice! better layout, soothing the eyes, well...about the overlap problem, can u make the cursor point actually set at the tip of that forefiner of hand cursor?.....thus it won't mislead ppl abut the actual pointing position of the cursor.....
or even better way is to find a new cursor image which is all five finguers extended, like the cursor effect in ACDSee. or is ur program only referencing the cursor available in the user's system but not actually compiled into ur programe? if this is the case then u can't do much about it though
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com

Last edited by James; 05-24-2002 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2002, 05:27 PM   #98
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

James,
The cursor is compiled in the executable. And I wanted the open hand instead of the index finger, but could not find one on my system. I'll see what I can do by editing the icons.

--edit--
I think it is fully fixed now.

Fish Picker 1.2.6: http://home.wanadoo.nl/sfinx98/progs/picker.zip

Last edited by Mountainmaster; 05-25-2002 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:51 PM   #99
cjmaddy
Registered

Mountainmaster, - I thought your first picker program was 'Brilliant' but it's getting better and better!

For the record, I find CalcNormals makes a noticeable difference on my system, with negligible drop in framerate. The fin movements are more detailed and realistic, in particular the tail fins, - as reported by Swede. Also the body movements seem to have a more flexible or fluid move to them .... less stiff. Unknowingly I had CalcNormals 'ON' but using 'N' to toggle, shows a definite change, and thanks to Mountainmaster, we can now check the setting more easily.

Morgan, - All done by lighting you say, - amazing! ... (p.s. Got your Headphones yet?)

Super nVidia GeForce2 MX200 64mb AGP (Driver Version 4.13.01.2311)
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 03:27 PM   #100
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yes, I got the Sennheiser headphones.

They're pretty good.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive