Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #61
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Yeah, but it's broken on XP. Edgar has a fix, which I'll post as soon as he's done with a different bug.  
\
8h (and 8i) properly go to the website, after password prompt, on XP Pro.

On Vista Ultimate 32-bit, 8i still works properly.

However note (Vista): When exiting the screensaver mode, a "black" window pops open for a moment. That seemingly occurs regardless of how I get out of the screensaver (move mouse, etc.), and regardless of whether the "password" option is turned on or off. [Not thoroughly explored, but it has happened enough times to be reported as an annoyance]
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #62
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's to prevent all the full-screen black flashes that everyone had been reporting a couple of months ago. By switching to windowed mode an instant before exiting, most of the drama in Vista is avoided.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #63
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
That's to prevent all the full-screen black flashes that everyone had been reporting a couple of months ago. By switching to windowed mode an instant before exiting, most of the drama in Vista is avoided.  
...however, it also does that on XP, providing additional drama for XP.

I'm not sure it's worth fixing, but I did want to make sure it's known.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #64
cjmaddy
Registered

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...18&#post108518
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #65
rps
Registered

Originally posted by Dale:
For the info of folks watching this thread - essentially all that script does is "http://www.serenescreen.com" (with the appropriate amount of fiddling to get the environment right).

This is clearly done in "user" context, after a correct password has been supplied.  
Ok, I have to ask: how does a process in the null session get a .js to launch in another session? It doesn't seem like that should even be possible under Windows' security rules.

~Ralph S.
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #66
Shinsa
Registered

Remember, Microsoft says, "If someone has physical access to your computer, then it is not secure". In other words, they won't fix bugs in their OS that someone can only take advantage of by being at your machine (i.e. accessing a Win XP machines users files by booting with a Windows 2000 Professional CD).
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Old 02-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #67
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Their scripting engine called WScript has a method to impersonate the original user that ran the screensaver. Otherwise, I would have given up with the WebSite button for Vista.
What was weird is that in XP, it doesn't seem to matter that it came from a null session. I really did need the WScript but to make it work the same on all the Windows as possible, it calls the same script.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows