Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #1021
cohiba420
Registered

Embarassed quiet out there...

Hello everyone... its been so quiet on this forum... just though Id check in and see if there is still a pulse out there. :-)

Any news good sir Mr. Sachs?
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #1022
Jim Sachs
Developer

You haven't noticed the flurry of messages lately regarding MA3? It will be in Alpha testing in a couple of days.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #1023
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
You haven't noticed the flurry of messages lately regarding MA3? It will be in Alpha testing in a couple of days.  
Cohiba,
And by "alpha testing", Jim means "early beta testing" - it's not like it's a concept version or anything.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #1024
Jim Sachs
Developer

Technically it's in an Alpha state. There are major features, like collision-avoidance and user interfaces that aren't even there yet. Beta-testing usually refers to a product in which all the major pieces are in place, and you're just looking for bugs.

The real Beta-testing phase on my programs is usually fairly short, since I test every line of code for problems as I put it in. One of the companies I worked for had a programmer who just threw everything together and let the Beta-testers sort it out. That company loved my code because it usually worked the first time, and only minor things needed to be changed.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #1025
cohiba420
Registered

Angry Great!

That is Great to hear! I just noticed a slight 'lull' in the normal flurry of postings... so I thought I'd check in.

But now... I'M SO freaking EXCITED!!! (I realize it will be some time before we see anything, but hey, if Ive been able to wait this many years and still be excited, I can hang on until this masterpiece is complete.)

A big "Thanks" (again) to you Jim, and everyone else who works so hard to bring this to life!

Warm Regards, :-)

Alex
Old 01-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #1026
cohiba420
Registered

do'h!

Ah-ha... I just read the last few pages in the "wishlist" section of this forum...which I normally dont dig into. All caught up now on the latest 'happenings'. :-)

even more excited!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #1027
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yeah, we've done a fairly poor job of keeping the MA3 talk confined to one thread. I'll try to do better.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #1028
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Jim, My bad. - I really thought you had that sorted. Sorry.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #1029
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Couple of days?!? Come on bring it on!!
I dreamt about MA3 the other day, it looked very impressive... hehe
I think I've been watching the forum too much, if I'm starting to dream about installing MA3...
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #1030
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

He's probably waiting until the 6th so I will be off to Thailand and will have to wait another three weeks to see it.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #1031
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Three weeks in Thailand?! Wow! That's some honeymoon!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #1032
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yep.
We've decided to just have the first two and last two nights reserved and chose the rest as it comes.

The first two nights we'll spend at the Krabi Sheraton with the intent to not leave the hotel area for two days to force Linda's brain to figure out she's on vacation and doesn't have to worry about deadlines and such.

/T2

Old 01-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #1033
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
He's probably waiting until the 6th so I will be off to Thailand and will have to wait another three weeks to see it.  
Haha, I can live with waiting until 6th, if that will makes Tiny have to wait even 3 more weeks... MUHHAAAHA!!!

Tiny, have a lovely vacation, you'll see nice fish in Thailand anyway.
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #1034
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Tack. Will do.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #1035
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
Yep.
We've decided to just have the first two and last two nights reserved and chose the rest as it comes.

The first two nights we'll spend at the Krabi Sheraton with the intent to not leave the hotel area for two days to force Linda's brain to figure out she's on vacation and doesn't have to worry about deadlines and such.

/T2  
I'm sure you can clear her mind.
Have a great time Buddy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:34 AM   #1036
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey, great news about MA3 can't wait to see anything...

@Tiny: I will visit Thailand in March for three weeks. Finished university by then, and that will be a present to myself. Have fun there and enjoy the sun!!!
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #1037
Derrek
Registered

A week or so ago you said that in a couple days MA3 would be going out to the beta testers. Has this happened yet? If not may I ask what is holding you up at the moment? Also if it did goto the beta testers are they allowed to discuss their impressions of it with the regular forum members?
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #1038
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

To start with it's not a Beta, only an Alpha at this point, there is a big difference, but no it hasn't happened yet. Jim wanted to rethink certain areas and went out for some new shots and inspiration for some areas in the tank.

And lastly no, testers are not allowed to discuss findings on the open forum, post shots, or make claims. Those will only ever come from Jim, Morgan or I here, until it is openly released to the public.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #1039
Derrek
Registered

ok thanks for the info
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #1040
Jim Sachs
Developer

I had a very productive day yesterday, and MA3 will go to the testers today.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive