Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #81
cjmaddy
Registered

If he's done what I said, after clicking apply, that right-hand monitor should have changed to what is visible on screen 2 of that Properties page.

Then he just needs to click 'OK' a few times.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #82
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I'm doing it right, it just isn't working. Does it matter that I origionally applied the background using ACDSee? Maybe the background is changing, but I just can't see it because the ACDSee wallpaper is covering it up or something?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #83
cjmaddy
Registered

I've never used ACDSee, Pat. I don't know what effect that could have. Sorry!

By default, my system goes to a folder in WINNT/Web/Wallpaper. I put the desktops I wish to use in that same folder. - Perhaps if you check where the default folder is on your OS, and keep all your desktops there, it may help.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #84
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

ACDSee shouldn't cause ant problems. It just converts the picture to a BMP called "ACDSee Wallpaper" or something like that and sets the desktop background to it. I just tried it on my system with the same style settings panel as Pat has and everything went smooth.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:09 AM   #85
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Well, I've given up. I've tried all kinds of settings but still can't get different pictures on my monitors. Some day, I'll probably accidentally figure it out.
Patrick
Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #86
cjmaddy
Registered

On my nVidia settings panel, Display 2 is shown as, ... "2. (Multiple Monitors) on NVIDIA DualView"

On yours it is shown as, ... "2. Plug and Play Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700"

Are you sure you are using nVidia DualView, and not WindowsXP Dualview? ..... Just a thought. - As far as I know, they are not the same, I am on Windows 2000, and use nVidia DualView, - that is what I am referring to. - I suspect you may be on nVidia 'Clone' or 'Single Display'. - I have no experience of/with WindowsXP Dualview.

..... I upgraded to 2000, ages ago!

Edit: Forgot to post the pic I had got ready!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DualView_Pat_crop.jpg (193.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #87
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

My separate desktop backgrounds were exchanged for a black screen to the left and a blue on the right for no apparent reason when I installed a game. I absolutely could not get it to revert back (even though the nVidia dialogs kept telling me it was working). Logging out and logging in Linda before logging back on somehow fixed the issue though.

Pat,
Have you found the options in the menues and they just don't work, or is the problem that you can't locate them?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:10 AM   #88
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I think I have found the options in the menues and they just don't work, but I could be missing some other option somewhere that is not allowing the options I have found to work.
Patrick
Old 06-09-2007, 07:07 AM   #89
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Hey! I finally got it working! Different pictures on different monitors! Cool!
I was missing another option that had to be checked.
Patrick
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #90
cjmaddy
Registered

Glad to hear you finally got there, Pat!

Why not try some of these, .... and then try WPanorama with its dual monitor screensaver settings, I now use that all the time.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #91
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Hey Pat. Welcome to the club. I've had dual monitors and 3 monitors for something like 14 years now. Once yo go to dual or more you will never go back. My wife even has dual monitors now for the last 2 years. She loves it.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:44 AM   #92
SunKing
Registered

Originally posted by ESHIREY:
Once you go to dual or more you will never go back.  
SO TRUE!! I compare it to broadband. You don't really know what you're missing until you try it. Then, once you do - you never want to go back.
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #93
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Guess how I'm feling about the prospect of cutting my screen estate in half...

Old 06-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #94
Panthera
Hygenius

Hmmmm... I don't know if I can fit two widescreens on this desk. lol
Panthera Tigris Altaica
The largest living cat in the world, the Siberian Tiger possesses both
grace and beauty. Although it spends a lot of time hunting,
its reputation as a vicious killer is undeserved ....
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive