Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #81
jeffelms
Registered

Well. I've been lurking on this board for over two years now. And just signed up. Took me long enough didn't it? LOL. I bought MA in July 2001. I'm pretty sure I signed up for the e-mail notification list the same day or pretty soon after. But I didn't get my keycode yesterday. When do I need to start worrying?
jeffelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #82
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

jeffelms,

Glad you finally joined. Welcome to the posting part of the forum. Members here got priority on the first releases. What is that catch phrase, Membership has Privileges? Prolific will be continuing to send out codes in the immediate future to cover the rest of the signups.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 10:39 AM   #83
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

*Whew!*

Been up to my ears in work so I had to ban myself from the forum and what happens? – MA2 comes out!!! I downloaded it and installed about an hour or so ago and then decided to have a look at the latest posts (I'm still busy at work – just have a couple of hours semi-off) and have just finished reading through ~350 (!) new posts... Sure picked a great couple of days to do something else.

Anyways, some Tiny Opinions:

• The Bluering and Redfin look odd – I think it's the eyes that make it (Note: I'm not saying they're inaccurate – I know too little about that, just odd.)

• The Rock Beauty and Anthias are welcome additions, not in the same league as the Yellow Tang or Copperband, but overall nice.

• Emperor looks cool. I like the size and all.

• Queen Angel: Sorry Jim, but I still don't like it. I think it's the eyes that are too large and makes for a somewhat cartoonish appearance I'm not too fond of. – Now if there only was a way to make MA understand it can pick any but the Queen in random mode.

• Haven't tested MA2 at home yet where I had the weird "Settings dialog too small" bug but will report back about whether it's squashed or not.

• GUI feels great – Still no fan of the visible key code but I can live with that.

/Tiny Exhaustion
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 11:33 AM   #84
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I have to say, I would have picked the juvenile Rock Beauty Angel over the adult.

GUI feels great – Still no fan of the visible key code but I can live with that.
The keycode should be hidden now.

The Bluering and Redfin look odd – I think it's the eyes that make it (Note: I'm not saying they're inaccurate – I know too little about that, just odd.)
Actually, the eyes ARE done a totally different way on a few of Ken's fish.

By the way, Reichart,
FTPGadget introduces a massive stutter in MA2.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 12:17 PM   #85
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by feldon27
The keycode should be hidden now.
Oops! Read a post that mentioned this (perhaps that was the Mac 1.1 forum) and decided to mention that. My maistake – sorry –

/Tiny Intelligence
Old 03-20-2003, 12:55 PM   #86
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yep, Mac version and 217 release candidate of MAT.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #87
Franklin J. Flocks
Registered

How do you test how much of your CPU capacity the
program is using?
Franklin J. Flocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:01 PM   #88
grape_jellyfish
Registered

I don't know what OS you have but I have XP and I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:06 PM   #89
feldon34
Forum Administrator

then bring up Task Manager and click on the Performance tab.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:38 PM   #90
Wingnut
Registered

won't control-alt-delete shut the SS off?
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 04:42 PM   #91
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Wingnut,

Press CTL+ALT+DEL first and start the task manager, then choose Performance and get the cpu test started. Then you can start the aquarium, let it run for 10-30 seconds on each setting that you try, and when you close it you can see the graph that is on the test screen.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 04:48 PM   #92
Wingnut
Registered

I really should have been able to figure that out.... Guess my brain was
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 07:29 PM   #93
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Thanks for new upgrade! Here’s my mini-review:

- First off, something simple but I like the change in the color of the “X” and “?” in the fish picker. Looks good.

- I have the resolution set to the same as my desktop, so I don’t really get the start up “clicks”. However when I change the resolution/bits, the most I ever have to wait is 3.5 seconds, which doesn’t bother me.

- I’m getting around 25% CPU usage, which is good. But I don’t really have anything else running in the background (it says for other programs, they’re taking 1-3% CPU usage), so maybe it should be lower? I don’t know, but 25% is fine.

- I don’t use the program windowed that often, but when I do, it was annoying to re-select the “exit on mouse move” every time I bring it back to full screen. Now I don’t have to re-select it. Very nice.

- I posted my thoughts about the fish in “… New Fish Comments” topic.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 08:26 PM   #94
dwax
Registered

Wasent keycodes sent out to all forum members?If so how come I havent recived mine?Sure wish id get mine,looking forward to checking it out!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By dustywax at 2011-12-13
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 11:22 PM   #95
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by dwax
Wasent keycodes sent out to all forum members?If so how come I havent recived mine?Sure wish id get mine,looking forward to checking it out!
If your e-mail address here did not match your e-mail address in the SereneScreen customer database, you were put on a list "to do later".

E-mail <a href="mailto:Service@SereneScreen.com?subject=Chan ged E-mail Address">Service@SereneScreen.com</a>.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:58 AM   #96
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

I suppose, the Queen Angel will never be final. Meanwhile, it's a bit funny to have a new (changed, improved, whatever..) version with every new release of the aquarium.

The Rock Beauty has definately deserved his own slot (besides the Yellow Tang, Lionfish, Blue Powder, Copperband, Wimpelfish, Clown Trigger...), thanks Ken!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nicefish.jpg (5.3 KB, 302 views)
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:02 AM   #97
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I like the new title, Herr Tang.

/Herr Turtle
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:11 AM   #98
Scott

Excellent and scr problem

This was and still is the only screen saver I have ever bought. I can hardly wait to see the others savers in "the series".

Question: I have autocad 2002 installed and it has changed scr file extensions to scripts. If I click on icon to run program it opens it as a word file. Is there any way I can run the new version when I want. The old version had an exe file I could click on.

Thanks.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:24 AM   #99
Jim Sachs
Developer

This has been a problem since the beginning, with Autocad hijacking the .scr extension that all screensavers are required to use.

Just rename the Aquarium as an .exe file, if you want to be able to double-click it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:28 AM   #100
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If you ever remove AutoCAD, you can restore the functionality of .SCR files with this script:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/restoreSCR.reg

Since you are using AutoCAD still, make a copy of the Aquarium somewhere and rename it Aquarium 2.EXE.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive