Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-28-2002, 04:26 AM   #221
Swede
Registered

I admire the effort you have put into this program Mountainmaster. A possible bug though...
The cycle thing works fine until you bring up the settings window within the serenescreen aquarium and then continue with the EXIT button. At the next cycle moment it just opens the serenescreen settings window again. Noticed this when I changed the display options.
4x / F C Am G F C Am G //
Chorus: 3x /F C Am G F C Am G//
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:17 AM   #222
cjmaddy
Registered

Thanks Mountainmaster, I take your point.

However, we were all asked to email Morgan if we wanted a Beta Test wide version, - so I did. - I received an email by return, with the 0727 link. (27/07/02) - I have heard nothing since, and I know nothing about a beta forum.
Yes, I am still using the 1.1.6.0727 beta.

Morgan, Is there something I should do, or should have done?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:17 PM   #223
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
I received an email by return, with the 0727 link. (27/07/02) - I have heard nothing since, and I know nothing about a beta forum.
Exactly same here,
Morgan, Is there something I should do, or should have done?
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:35 PM   #224
cjmaddy
Registered

Mountainmaster,
Morgan has sent me 0808, - which has solved the 'Off' problem. But I now have a problem which I think is with Fish Picker.
A Lionfish chosen with Fish Picker appears as a 'Random' selection in this latest 0808 wide version.
A Lionfish chosen with SSA 'Settings' - is fine, - but if FishPicker 'Revert' is then pressed, it becomes Random.
I have not reported this to Prolific, as I don't think it is a wide problem, - but I could be wrong! - as it does only apply to the wide version, not the normal ! - but I think it is FishPicker that is causing it. Am I right?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:08 PM   #225
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Lionfish failing to stick is a problem in 0808.

These beta versions are bleeding edge and updates come very very slowly.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:38 PM   #226
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

Swede,
The cycle thing works fine until you bring up the settings window within the serenescreen aquarium
Well, it sort of works like a macro... Right now Fish Picker can not detect if the settings window is already open. I'll try to change that or otherwise put a warning about it in the readme.

James, cjmaddy,
Apparently some beta testers can't get into the beta forum. Maybe Morgan can fix that for you? If you had been there you would have seen my bug report about the Lionfish getting randomized. And did you notice it also happens to the three striped damsel? btw, if you are into serious beta testing I advise you not to use fish picker for changing settings or starting the aquarium. You'd be testing 2 programs that way, which might obscure the results. You can use fish picker's "revert" option however to check the actual registry settings. Keep in mind though that the aquarium beta version keeps its fish settings buffered and only stores them to the registry on exit. I am not quite sure about this, but I seem to remember that the 1.1.2 version stored them at once.
To add a bit to the confusion: when Morgan speaks about v. 0808 he means the same one as me when I say 0806. 0806 is the build date and 0808 the beta release date. Here is a trick I learned from Reichart to check the version nr: Go into the "about" window and click on the TEXT where it says 1.1. That will make the version number appear above the exit button.
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:51 PM   #227
feldon34
Forum Administrator

There are like 100 widescreen beta testers. But I will flip a few switches on my side.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 10-02-2002, 10:52 PM   #228
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I went and purchased a couple of Visual Basic 6 books today on fire sale (literally).

The smaller book looks like a dud, but the 2 1/2" thick 'Mastering Visual Basic 6' might do the trick.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #229
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

Having a few thicks books is always a good idea, but don't forget the internet as a resource for Visual Basic code. My favorite VB site is: http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 02:11 AM   #230
thebard
Copperband Butterfly

Maybe more than 5 - 10% of users try Aquarium's "Settings" - it was the 1st thing this unsavvy user went for.
Fish Picker's marvellous, makes fish identification so easy now, thx for this
thebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 12:29 PM   #231
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Well the Aquarium does not come with a good help file and there is no dialog box suggesting the existance of a Settings or Keyboard Shortcut window.

I think on first launch after registering, it should present a dialog

Thank you for registering SereneScreen Marine Aquarium. You now have access to a Settings panel to select other fish and control lighting conditions, and you can also find out about keyboard shortcuts to cause different things to happen in the Aquarium.

You can always bring up the Settings panel later by pressing the SPACE bar.

{Settings} {Keyboard Shortcuts} {Return to the Aquarium}

Last edited by feldon34; 10-08-2002 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:38 PM   #232
strike11
Registered

Smile THANK YOU!

Random, cycled fish...how cool is that? Now we get to see all the fish (eventually), without manually restarting the saver...Thank you MountainMaster!

Impressed,

strike11

P.S. I had to laugh - I downloaded your first version (and was impressed), BEFORE realizing you updated it many times - making a great utility even better!
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
strike11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive