Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-06-2002, 05:39 PM   #1
Adam Betts
Registered

Angry Why not add some funny stuffs in Aquarium?

I think it'd be cool to add some funny stuffs in Marine Aquarium ScreenSaver such as falling toilet, new iMac, etc. You could also add falling toxic cans and the water become fully green then all of the fish died

Maybe some fish could fight with other fish when they steal their foods.

What do you think?

Adam Betts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 11:07 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You've just aged our developer, Jim Sachs, a year or two.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
Adam Betts
Registered

If After Dark's ScreenSaver can do it then Jim can do it too

Or fire two of your tech support and hire new programmer

Old 07-07-2002, 12:25 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim doesn't WANT to do that crap. He is an artist.

Let those other people do the silly screen savers. Jim's is a genuine marine life simulation.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 07-07-2002, 12:37 PM   #5
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Embarassed Littering the ocean.

We would no sooner put a toilet or gag item in our Aquarium than we would put the same item in the ocean.

This is not intended as a hostile response, but rather, to bring to light our philosophy of the product. The SereneScreen line is being developed to be…Serene. We are rather tricky in our philosophical simplicity.

There are companies that make joke+fish+screen_saver product. We create a narrow product line of quality+fish+screen_saver. Each fish is hand crafted in what can takes weeks to months to create.

That said, if we find the right combination of quality, humor, and subject matter, we may bring to market something of a novelty product. In fact, we have some thing truly wondrous on the drawing board.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 01:29 PM   #6
Unregistered

Big Grin

NO!!!! This is not a gag aquarium, it is supposed to be realistic. Adam, if you read the faq, you'll notice that there will be nothing of the sort happening-- in fact it looks like it will only become more realistic as time goes by with a more 3d coral environment in the works for future releases. Very cool!!
Old 07-08-2002, 02:46 PM   #7
gorickey
Registered

Well, although I would find it pretty funny to see some other things floating around in there, I find the way it is just perfect right now. It truly is a piece of art, incredible work!

I hope we can change the background some day though to various diff. corals and stuff, that would rock!
Think Fish.
gorickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 03:14 PM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Unlike other screen savers which have a flat photo that the fish swim in front of, the coral in SereneScreen Aquarium is built in sections which the fish can swim in front of or behind. Also, there are complex shadow mounds which create the illusion of a 3D lighting effect. Press W to see what I'm talking about.

The 3D background, when we get it, will be a double-width true 3D coral reef. It will still look like a tank, rather than the ocean, but it will have moving corals, polyps that sway in the flow of the water, clams that open and close, etc.

When? After the Freshwater Aquarium comes out.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:19 PM   #9
gorickey
Registered

Originally posted by feldon23
Unlike other screen savers which have a flat photo that the fish swim in front of, the coral in SereneScreen Aquarium is built in sections which the fish can swim in front of or behind. Also, there are complex shadow mounds which create the illusion of a 3D lighting effect. Press W to see what I'm talking about.

The 3D background, when we get it, will be a double-width true 3D coral reef. It will still look like a tank, rather than the ocean, but it will have moving corals, polyps that sway in the flow of the water, clams that open and close, etc.

When? After the Freshwater Aquarium comes out.
Is it okay to foam at the mouth?

Think Fish.
gorickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:26 PM   #10
Adam Betts
Registered

I understand your point now I agree that they shouldn't over-do the current screensaver since it's as real as possible.

Can someone post a preview of 3D background? I'd like to see what it looked like

Old 07-08-2002, 06:31 PM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The 3D background exists in Jim's mind. I think he said he'd built the gravel floor and clams so far before he stopped to do the Lionfish and then Freshwater Aquarium.
Old 07-14-2002, 12:44 PM   #12
Unregistered

No.....Just beautiful, tranquill, relaxing, authentic as you have developed it!
Marilyn
Old 07-14-2002, 02:15 PM   #13
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

GoRickey, I like your sig

/Tiny
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive