Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
aczeisler
Registered

Mac OS 10.7 Lion

I am having problems with Marine Aquarium 3.0 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion. It does not seam to be able to remember the serial number no matter how many times I enter it. I have used the two codes I purchased to no avail. I originally purchased MA 3 upgrade from Nova Development back in 09 and now I just paid a extra $10.00 to get a SereneScreen code. None of the two works. Help!
- Alex
aczeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi Alex,

You shouldn't have to buy it multiple times.

Lion hasn't released yet, though Apple's really close.

Please PM me your contact information. I'm messing around in the code for the eel, so I'll get a build to look into your problem.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
engelens
Registered

Mac to remember serial

Hello,

I had the same problem in Mac OSX. I solved it by deleting the .plist.
I checked the prolific website to find the right procedure, this looks like it but maybe someone can confirm.

Double Click on your Harddrive.

Double Click on the Library folder.

Use the following information:
Type “com.prolific.ScreenSaver.Aquarium2.plist” into the search text field.

In the area below the search text field, Select the buttons “Library” and “Filename” (not “This Mac” and “Contents”).
Drag each file that you find into the Trash and empty it. Empty the trash by holding down the mouse button on the trash in the dock for a few seconds until the "Empty Trash" menu pops up.

Try to unlock the program again.
engelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
Riplex
Registered

Same problem here. I bought the Full Version on CD from Arktis.de.
I installed the screensaver from the cd but the setup screen always want a serial key.
Riplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

And did you try the suggestion from engelens above?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:06 AM   #6
Riplex
Registered

Yes. I don't have one of this files on my HDD.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Please message me contact information so that I can arrange a screen share to take a look at your issue.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 07-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Riplex
Registered

Originally posted by JimO'Connor:
Please message me contact information so that I can arrange a screen share to take a look at your issue.  
My Mail is "*deleted*". I run Teamviewer.

Last edited by feldon34; 08-01-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Thanks, Riplex for the help. I hadn't seen this problem on my install of Lion, so this was helpful. I'll get a build out for test, most likely today.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 07-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

If you have the most recent version of MA 3 with a keycode on Lion you should be working so long as you haven't got an old file stuck on your machine from an upgrade process. If in doubt, follow the instructions to toss the com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarim3.*.plist file which is /Library/Preferences/ and/or ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost.

Lion hides the system and user Library folders from users now, so you'll need to use Finder's Go menu to go to the ~/Library or /Library.

If there is a specific problem with the CD distribution I haven't found it yet.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 07-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
Riplex
Registered

I delete the two files but it didn't help. I have the CD Version. There is no serial.What should i do now ?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #12
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Right -- I e-mailed you before I posted this general statement to look into your problem further.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Riplex appears to have found a problem with a German CD release of the product, which we're working out. If anyone finds any OTHER problems please Private Message me or post them here so I can get them resolved in the upcoming release.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #14
Riplex
Registered

Today i get an answer from Arktis.de:

Hello,

They may need to do a FULL reinstall of Marine Aquarium. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Open the Finder, make sure that your search text field is set to “Local Disks”.

2. First type "com.prolific" into the search text field (not the quotes, just what is inside them).

3. Drag each file that you find into the Trash and empty it. Empty the trash by holding down the mouse button on the trash in the dock for a few seconds until the "Empty Trash" menu pops up.

4. Clear your search by clicking on the “X” button in the search field.

5. Type "Marine Aquarium" into the text field (not the quotes, just what is inside them).

6. Drag each file you find into the trash and empty.

Now install Marine Aquarium 3.0 as follows:

1. IMPORTANT: Before installing, be sure your anti-virus software is deactivated for the duration of the installation. Also, if your computer is a lower end machine, you may wish to set its color resolution to "thousands of colors" to improve performance (See System Preferences, in the Apple Menu).

2. Download the newest version of Marine Aquarium from:
http://prolific.s3.amazonaws.com/Mar...eAquarium3.dmg

3. When the download is finished, you will have a new file on your desktop named MarineAquarium3.0.dmg. Double-click this file.

4. When the file opens look for the Marine Aquarium 3.0.saver file (Fish w/ screen effects icon) and the Marine Aquarium 3.0 application file (Fish icon).

5. Click and drag the Marine Aquarium 3 application file to your desktop or the icon of the Applications folder provided in the .DMG.

6. Click and drag the Marine Aquarium 3 .saver file (the screen effects icon) into the icon of the Screen Savers folder provided in the .DMG.

7. Go to the Apple Menu and select System Preferences.

8. Click on the Desktop and Screen Savers icon.

9. Select Marine Aquarium 3 from the list of screen savers.

10. The first time you select Marine Aquarium, you will see the registration window. Copy and paste your keycode into the registration space to avoid any possible input errors (Some characters can be easily mixed up i.e. the letter O and zero, capitol I and the number one, etc.) and click the OK button.

11. Marine Aquarium can now be run either from the application you placed in step #5 or will come on as your screen saver.

12. Don't forget to reactivate your anti-virus software when you are finished.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this procedure.

Auden Reiter
Customer Support
Prolific Publishing, Inc.
www.Prolific.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very nice, but don't solved my problem. I have the CD Version and i don't have a key !.
Arktis.de has spoken with the manufacturer. But that apparently did not understand the problem.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
Riplex
Registered

All come to a good end.
At last i get a serial from Prolific. Thanks.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X