Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-04-2003, 06:01 PM   #61
Jim Sachs
Developer

Your starfish won't crawl on the glass? Make sure that Automatic lights are on, or turn the foreground lights all the way down manually, since the starfish will only make the transition in the dark.

Future versions will probably allow larger fish, with some restrictions.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:02 PM   #62
ibm650
Registered

Three strange things, just got a dell 4550 with a ATI rage ultra 128 and on MAT you see the reflection pattern of the ripples outside of the crystal a little bit in the upper left.
Also, when you limit frames even at a much higher rate than you are using, it uses a lot less cpu time.
Third, MAT seems to prevent XP from doing an auto hibernation.
I worked on the IBM650
ibm650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:31 AM   #63
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: Three strange things,
A: Actually four, the first is you got a dell, with an ATI card..

a) see the reflection pattern of the ripples outside of the crystal a little bit in the upper left.
A: this could be because you are noticing something that shows up in differing amounts on different cards and different resolutions.

b) Also, when you limit frames even at a much higher rate than you are using, it uses a lot less cpu time.
A: Yes. There are many ways to tweak the products.

c) MAT seems to prevent XP from doing an auto hibernation.
A: Actually it may be the other way around. Hibernation is not correctly implemented by M$, and although we make standard calls, they have bugs. May I suggest upgrading to DX9 if you have not already. M$ fixed a LOT of these type of issues.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:53 AM   #64
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Let me try and describe how my warped Swedish sense of logic works when it comes to the Aquarium UI.

Open the Settings screen.

Notice any sliders for frame rate, cycle time or extra fish percentage?

Click on on of those to select it. Fine, it's now active and can be adjusted with the arrow keys (Up & Down). Let's do that and press [Up]. Did you notice how the value above the slider decreased? Press [Down] for an increase.

Am I totally wrong in believing [Up should yield an increase and [Down] a decrease?

/Tiny Flipside
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:24 AM   #65
cjmaddy
Registered

Well spotted TT! ............ give that man a gold watch!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:35 AM   #66
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

I would use left and right arrows...probably.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #67
ibm650
Registered

Any hope for the anemone

just wondering.
I worked on the IBM650
ibm650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:53 AM   #68
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Welcome to the forum IBM,
If you look around a bit you'll find a wishlist thread intended for questions like that. This one supposedly focuses more on the user interface.

Anyways, In order for the anemone to work properly (i.e. allow the Percula Clownfish to interact with it) it would have to be done in full 3D. At the moment the background is a static 2D image with holes at clever places allowing the fish to swim in front and behind the coral. Jim (Sachs, – the man behind the SS) will eventually redo the background in full 3D allowing for more interaction with the background. This will however wait until he has completed the Freshwater Aquarium SS. If I recall correctly the anemone is intended to come in a "creature pack" along with a buch of other "special" creatures sold as an add-on to the regular aquarium. There is no time-schedule for this. Just "When it's done".

/Tiny Wait

P.S. Morgan,
You need to put a link to the FAQ in the top navigation bar (hint: "Chat" _____ "Help"). As it is now you gotta know the URL or log out of the forum and then revisit.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:20 PM   #69
drfish
the Doc

Originally posted by drfish
A1: See this thread.

A2: Should this be in the FAQ? Is it? Where is the FAQ? It's either not very easy to find, or I'm a moron...
I'm not alone!
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:14 PM   #70
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

In being a moron?

/Tiny Moron

Old 03-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #71
drfish
the Doc

I'd forgotten about that pop-up! Since I run either mozilla or firefox on all of the computers I use it gets blocked... The blank space up there is just begging to be a FAQ button...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #72
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I am looking at a redesign of the top panel which would definitely include a FAQ button.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 01:09 AM   #73
Socrates
Sage

"3. Favorite Fish - Control the likelihood of each fish being chosen to fill slots"
This to me is the most important. This is a major feature I think that is really missing.

I want to randomize, but there are fish I just don't really want to see in there (nothing personal to the artist ).
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive