Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 11-27-2004, 08:13 PM   #1
stevebow

Rendering error

I am a registered user of MA Time V1.1.6, and have noticed when you use the screensaver at 1280x960 there is a rendering error:

If you use the MA application in windowed mode and resize it, the error comes and goes.

It appears to be only cosmetic (OpenGL?), however it would be nice if it weren't there of course.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
stevebow

Oh, I should add I am using a G4 PowerMac with 10.3.6, ATI Radeon 8500.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Hey SteveBow, First let me welcome you to the forums. We are a big happy family here and I would like to welcome you. Second, one of our Mac people will be able to help you out I'm sure. But my first guess would be to check your drivers.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:26 AM   #4
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi SteveBow,

The only Apple documentation I can find of Apple shipping a Radeon 8500 was in an XServe. Did you install this card or is it factory standard? If it isn't standard it is very hard for us to test against it. The code we have to enter to eliminate those lines at all resolutions is highly card specific and kinda twitchy.

We are looking for an 8500 we can test with.

Thanks!
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:20 PM   #5
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi again SteveBow,

Please go to the feedback page at http://www.orderndev.com and leave your e-mail as feedback along with a reference to the problem you are having. We need a way to get in touch with you.

Thanks.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:35 PM   #6
Unregistered

Originally posted by ESHIREY
But my first guess would be to check your drivers.
I just updated to 10.3.6 a few days ago. Part of that were updated ATI drivers, however it made no difference to the problem.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
stevebow

Originally posted by JimO'Connor
The only Apple documentation I can find of Apple shipping a Radeon 8500 was in an XServe. Did you install this card or is it factory standard?
I installed this card to replace the Rage128 Pro. It was readily available at Apple Stores for a while. It is this card: http://www.ati.com/products/radeon85...0me/index.html
If it isn't standard it is very hard for us to test against it.
Depends by what you mean as "standard" I suppose. It is a genuine ATI Mac card and not a PC card reflashed with some hacked firmware.
The code we have to enter to eliminate those lines at all resolutions is highly card specific and kinda twitchy.
1024x960 fullscreen is definitely a problem, and it's not an uncommon resolution. I could resize in windowed mode and note the sizes this problem is seen, if that would be of any help.

Actually I'm surprised that you have to code for specific cards at specific resolutions to work around these artifacts. Is OpenGL that much of a problem?
We are looking for an 8500 we can test with.
I did get mine via e-bay for a song.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #8
stevebow

Originally posted by JimO'Connor
Please go to the feedback page
I've just done that. Just let me know how I can help out.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive