Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #101
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Dale:
It would be really really nice if the "Marine Aquarium 3 Beta RELEASE & DOWNLOAD" at https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4385 had some clue that 7e might be at the "regular" download location.  
I forgot to update the RELEASE & DOWNLOAD thread, sorry. Jim does not have write privileges on that thread, so Michael or I have to copy over any announcements that Jim makes to that thread. Jim usually posts news in his own READ ME FIRST thread.

Anyway, there is only ONE link to download the Marine Aquarium 3 BETA. And it is always the LATEST version. If Jim says 7e is available, than that is the ONLY version available from Jim's website. The only time you will see another link to download some other version of the Aquarium than the current, latest version is in the unlikely event that there is some catastrophic bug in the current Beta and we don't want any more folks to download it.

If you really need an older version, you can visit Michael's MA3 Beta Archive to get those versions.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #102
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by feldon32:
I forgot to update the RELEASE & DOWNLOAD thread, sorry. Jim does not have write privileges on that thread, so Michael or I have to copy over any announcements that Jim makes to that thread. Jim usually posts news in his own READ ME FIRST thread.

Anyway, there is only ONE link to download the Marine Aquarium 3 BETA. And it is always the LATEST version. If Jim says 7e is available, than that is the ONLY version available from Jim's website. The only time you will see another link to download some other version of the Aquarium than the current, latest version is in the unlikely event that there is some catastrophic bug in the current Beta and we don't want any more folks to download it.

If you really need an older version, you can visit Michael's MA3 Beta Archive to get those versions.  
OK, but is there some convenient way to place a notice:

The Current Beta is 7e (or whatever)

somewhere that it can be seen from the Beta Test Forum Index page? To keep from (continually) having to read every thread?

Thanks
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:45 PM   #103
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yes, but again it would be something which either Michael or I would have to post. Jim does not have privileges to post such a message.

By the way, if you follow this link, you will get an e-mail notification every time the RELEASE thread is updated:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ription&t=4385
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #104
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

jedware,
I am able to reproduce the "L" key not working on test mode on an XP.
What computer system do you have? Who manufactured it?
I am looking for something that we have in common.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:42 AM   #105
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

I figured out the solution for now while in Beta mode. Put the file "SSLogo256d.png" in "C:\Documents and Settings\yourloginname". It seems that when the screensaver starts, it sets the default folder to the users default user space.

When MA3 is release, the install program will create an install folder just like MA2.6 has and external files will be placed there. For now, in XP, it seems you will need to use "C:\Documents and Settings\yourloginname" as the default folder for the logo.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #106
MadBob
Guitar Man

Mine is on my desktop next to the screensaver and it works fine (XP Pro)
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #107
jedware
Registered

Originally posted by Edgar:
I figured out the solution for now while in Beta mode. Put the file "SSLogo256d.png" in "C:\Documents and Settings\yourloginname". It seems that when the screensaver starts, it sets the default folder to the users default user space.

When MA3 is release, the install program will create an install folder just like MA2.6 has and external files will be placed there. For now, in XP, it seems you will need to use "C:\Documents and Settings\yourloginname" as the default folder for the logo.  
That is the ANSWER! Thanks. I see the MA3Playlist is already there.

It now works when started as a screensaver.
jedware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #108
jedware
Registered

After further testing, it appears there are multiple locations where the LOGO needs to be placed depending on how MA3 is started:

1. If you start MA3 by double clicking the MA3Beta.scr then the SSLogo256d.png needs to be located in same folder.

2. If you initiate via the screen saver tab (either right clicking desktop or control panel display properties) then SSLogo256d.png needs to be located in "C:\Documents and Settings\yourloginname"

3. If MA3Beta is the selected screen saver and initiates on its own then the SSLogo256d.png needs to be located in C:\Windows\System32

Just thought I would document what I have found in case someone else is having the same problems.
jedware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #109
Jim Sachs
Developer

On my machine, it makes no difference which folder the program is in, or how it is started. As long as the PNG is in the same folder, it works.

It's really a moot point anyway, since the real implementation will include a full path to any logos that are enetered into the Logo List.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #110
Dale
Banned

Quoting from multiple posts by feldon32: The first two are (to me) amusing when connected:

I forgot to update the RELEASE & DOWNLOAD thread, sorry. Jim does not have write privileges on that thread, so Michael or I have to copy over any announcements that Jim makes to that thread.  
By the way, if you follow this link, you will get an e-mail notification every time the RELEASE thread is updated:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ription&t=4385  
So, if you forget, I won't get email?

My request, in order to not have to always read all of Jim's posts, was for a permanent "notice" giving the most recent version number that you guys have recognized (which of course may not be as current as what Jim has actually made available for download).

Yes, but again it would be something which either Michael or I would have to post.  
More work for you, less work for a few Beta testers.

Seriously, I recognize that, and know you guys are probably overloaded. I'll try to keep up with what's going on, by reading "everything".

Thanks for your efforts.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #111
Jim Sachs
Developer

Don't forget that these guys work on the Forum out of sheer kindness. Occasionally real life gets in the way
Jim Sachs
Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #112
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Don't forget that these guys work on the Forum out of sheer kindness. Occasionally real life gets in the way  
I haven't forgotten - and that was the reason for the

The same is true of the Beta testers, of course.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #113
cjmaddy
Registered

You might like this......

Then again you might not!....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA3_Nemo2_crop1.jpg (423.7 KB, 126 views)
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #114
Wizwad
Only me...

I think it needs a frosting of white across the top, Cliff - to make it seem part of the scene, part of the crystal. It's currently much too clear.

But I like the way the fish is being pointed at!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #115
cjmaddy
Registered

I thought it'd make a good publicity shot! If cats pawing at screens can be raved about, then why not a little kid pointing at a Nemo relative?
Old 11-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #116
Stew2000
Registered

You need to expand that.. Captain Nemo or Nemo the clownfish?
Stew2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #117
cjmaddy
Registered

Which one do you think! ..... One might even be named after the other!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #118
Stew2000
Registered

Now what bored person decided to sit down and find that out. XD
Stew2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #119
Jim Sachs
Developer

Cliff - yes, it does make a charming shot. But I also agree that the edges could be misted out with a bit of transparency (or the entire background removed). Maybe someday I'll add the ability to do animated GIFs - then the pointing arm could follow the fish!
Jim Sachs
Old 11-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #120
cjmaddy
Registered

Stew, - I put your query into Google, and that was the first! .... All of 5 seconds!

A daft comment doesn't deserve spending much time on!

Jim, - I think some of you are missing the point! ..... Pun intended.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows