Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
fuzz
Registered

Thumbs Up SereneScreen on HP touchpad?

Hi Jim,
I'd like to say thanks for the many years of enjoyment I, and my family, have had from your Aquarium. I recently bought 2 24" Samsung Synchmasters that I run it on . Can you say Gorgeous?
Anyway..I got in on the HP firesale for their TOUCHPAD, webos operating system. I saw that the ppc is available for a couple of hp phones. Do you think there is a way to get it to work on the touchpad? Might be something to consider since HP just made webos open source. I love my Touchpad...but I NEED more aps! This thing has a beautiful screen. Serene Screen would definitely look SWEET! Thanks Jim!
Ron Paul 2012!
FuZz
fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

The PocketPC version is very limited and designed for tiny screens. Even if it could work on the Touchpad, its image would look very low-res when expanded to the large screen.

So, I'd say no.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by fuzz:
Hi Jim,
I'd like to say thanks for the many years of enjoyment I, and my family, have had from your Aquarium. I recently bought 2 24" Samsung Synchmasters that I run it on . Can you say Gorgeous?
Anyway..I got in on the HP firesale for their TOUCHPAD, webos operating system. I saw that the ppc is available for a couple of hp phones. Do you think there is a way to get it to work on the touchpad? Might be something to consider since HP just made webos open source. I love my Touchpad...but I NEED more aps! This thing has a beautiful screen. Serene Screen would definitely look SWEET! Thanks Jim!
Ron Paul 2012!
FuZz  
I think most people are just wiping their HP Touchpad and installing Android on it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by feldon34:
I think most people are just wiping their HP Touchpad and installing Android on it.  
That's the only reason why you would buy an HP TouchPad. Saying that, I bet Marine Aquarium woudl look AWESOME on my ASUS Transformer Prime with TEGRA 3!

HINT HINT!

;-)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's not likely on a non-Windows machine, as only Windows has DirectX.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
It's not likely on a non-Windows machine, as only Windows has DirectX.  
I know, I was only pulling your leg! Although the new TEGRA 3 chips, have amazing power and graphics capability. It would be nice to see something similar on the Android TEGRA 3 platform to show off something photo-realistic as this screensaver.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

While it's not likely, it may not be impossible. Jim O'Connor's translations of MA for the Mac/iPad use OpenGL instead of DirectX.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows