Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Web access from settings box

From the settings > website.. I can lock up the SS window.. which may confuse other users

From the setting dialog box there is a "website" button.. It seems that this activates the SS program to go http://www.serenescreen.com/...:

But.. As a stand alone program that is seeking internet access it has to (in my case) ask permission from my ZoneAlarm firewall. Until I give that (permission) the SS window is frozen and any window that slides over it will re-paint it. Subsequently depending on what I do with ZoneAlarm the SS acts as it should.. closes and disappears and / or starts the webpage in my browser.

I notice that with SS 2.6 the SS actually disappears from the desktop before I get the ZoneAlarm request.. perhaps the same should happen to SS 3??

I don't know the programing required to get SS to go to a web site... but, if I can make a shortcut on my desktop that works seamlessly and does not involve a fire wall... can not code do the same thing??

Why.. does the SS need to close when going to the website??
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll see if I can get it to close earlier. It has to close for security reasons. If it brought up a Web window, then your co-workers could use your computer to browse the Internet without going through the Windows Password system that is launched by closing.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows