Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
flyingfish
Registered

Logo Problem

Hi Jim,

I loaded the logo from 2.6 and it located just fine and size was good but the background came in white and the lettering black. Do I need to change the color pallet to get the clear etched look.
flyingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, you need to add an alpha (transparent) channel, then save it in PNG format. This is fairly easy in a paint program, like PaintShop Pro or Photoshop.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
WorldFax
Registered

Need help resizing logo

Hello, I was able to get the logo into the crystal. I need to resize it. In the older versions you would hit the Page UP or Page Down keys to resize the logo. I have tried that on this system and so far no luck.
I am running Winxp Pro Dell system.
WorldFax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Resize the logo in your graphic design program and reimport.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #5
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Both the current beta 10a and the SereneScreen.com beta 9M use the "alt-logo" feature to toggle available logos. Is either copy supposed to remember the state (logo used)?

I can see the expiring beta copy keeping the default logo and requiring a key press "L" to toggle but the non expiring one? I suspect most customers that have this set as a timed screen saver are not about to return to the computer and toggle the company logo every time they walk away.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Ralph:
Both the current beta 10a and the SereneScreen.com beta 9M use the "alt-logo" feature to toggle available logos. Is either copy supposed to remember the state (logo used)?

I can see the expiring beta copy keeping the default logo and requiring a key press "L" to toggle but the non expiring one? I suspect most customers that have this set as a timed screen saver are not about to return to the computer and toggle the company logo every time they walk away.  
Huh? Not sure what you're asking. My copies don't require me to press "L" (to get my selections of logos and clocks to display).

Is the "Clocks and Logos" setting panel not working for you?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

Not sure what you mean about alt-logo, Ralph. The full Logo interface has been in place for the last few versions.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 AM   #8
loub516
Registered

This is the same way my "official version" works. I can remove the serene screen logo from the list, leave nothing but the company logo, but every time the program restarts the serene screen logo is displayed. You have to press the L key each time the program restarts to display the company logo. It is annoying.
LB
loub516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by loub516:
This is the same way my "official version" works. I can remove the serene screen logo from the list, leave nothing but the company logo, but every time the program restarts the serene screen logo is displayed. You have to press the L key each time the program restarts to display the company logo. It is annoying.  
What happens if you wait a few seconds after the program restarts?

On my system, when MA3 starts, it displays the splash screen - then the SereneScreen logo for about 10 seconds - and then whatever I have in the list.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
loub516
Registered

No, just the serene screen logo displays no matter how long I wait. I have it set on 10 seconds, and with random play checked or not the serene screen logo displays unless I push the L key.
LB
Old 04-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

The way it's supposed to work (and does here) is: Each logo on the list displays for the amount of time listed, then automatically switches to the next one. Only the logos on the list are displayed, so if the SereneScreen logo is not there but something else is, the SereneScreen logo never gets displayed. If there is nothing else on the list, the program puts SereneScreen on it.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
loub516
Registered

The company logo is the only logo on the list. If I push the L key the company logo displays and stays as long as the program runs, but when it starts the serene screen logo displays.
LB
Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by loub516:
The company logo is the only logo on the list. If I push the L key the company logo displays and stays as long as the program runs, but when it starts the serene screen logo displays.  
This is exactly what happens to me..
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #14
cjmaddy
Registered

Mine's also working the same way as Ralph's and LB's....... Sorry!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #15
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The way it's supposed to work (and does here) is: Each logo on the list displays for the amount of time listed, then automatically switches to the next one. Only the logos on the list are displayed, so if the SereneScreen logo is not there but something else is, the SereneScreen logo never gets displayed. If there is nothing else on the list, the program puts SereneScreen on it.  
OK, here's another (perhaps related) bug. Version 10a, set as default screensaver.

Right-click on desktop, go to Display Properties, Screen Saver.
Click on Preview.
exit using mouse move. Wait for the buttons to appear.
Click on Preview.

When I do that, the second time, the SS logo appears and displays for 10 seconds. This "sorta" seems to act like a toggle, or randomly, or something.

I also see the same sort of behavior with Version 9m.

My logo list contains 3 logos and 3 calendars - none of the logos is the SS logo.

Suggestion for the other folks - try adding a 2nd logo (or just the same one twice, or a clock) and see if that "works". I know it's not a "fix", but it might help debugging.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK, I just downloaded the Beta9m version from SereneScreen.com and ran it. I have two logos on my list, neither of which is the SereneScreen logo. When starting this version, the Serenescreen logo comes up for 10 seconds, then the other two alternate without ever displaying the SereneScreen logo again.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #17
Dale
Banned

OK, I just downloaded the Beta9m version from SereneScreen.com and ran it. I have two logos on my list, neither of which is the SereneScreen logo. When starting this version, the Serenescreen logo comes up for 10 seconds, then the other two alternate without ever displaying the SereneScreen logo again.  
Jim, try it with EXACTLY ONE logo in your list, as the other two folks reported.

I just tried that with 10a, and it displays the SS logo "forever until L freezes over"

Just like they said.

[Just checked 9m, and it has the same behavior with ONE logo]
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #18
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
Mine's also working the same way as Ralph's and LB's....... Sorry!  
Mine too .

Plus , I just wanted to ask - is it supposed to remember that it was previously running in windowed mode when you restart the program ?
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #19
Jim Sachs
Developer

Butters - Yes, if you have "Start in Windowed Mode" checkmarked in Program Settings.

Everyone else - I just tried it with only one logo, and there does seem to be a bug. This is probably another side-effect of the code that I put in a while ago to stop it from reloading the texture if it hadn't changed.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
Dale
Banned

Butters - Yes, if you have "Start in Windowed Mode" checkmarked in Program Settings.

Everyone else - I just tried it with only one logo, and there does seem to be a bug. This is probably another side-effect of the code that I put in a while ago to stop it from reloading the texture if it hadn't changed.  
When you get a chance, please verify that you can see the "preview" bug also. That one was with several logos in the list. That may or may not be the same piece of code at fault.

Might as well fix both, if it's two problems.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows