Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-22-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
alanlangford
Registered

Black screen after mouse movement

Hi

I'm evaluating the aquarium prior to possibly buying it. But I'd like to know first if there is a solution to a problem I have with it.
The screensaver starts on time and when I touch my mouse it stops and the settings etc. box comes up. I click cancel (or okay) then my screen turns black for 3 seconds then my regular screen comes back. Is it normal for the screen to turn black like that? I have a nVidia TNT2 M64 video card with 32 MB memory. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 172 N, an LCD monitor running in its native resolution of 1280 x 1024.

Thanks.
alanlangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:55 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

If the screen settings for the Aquarium (height/width, bit depth, refresh rate) are exactly the same as your desktop, then the Aquarium should switch in and out instantly. If any of those parameters are different, then each type of monitor will take a different amount of time to re-sync to the new signal.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
alanlangford
Registered

Thanks Jim

I put the correct screen height/width and bit depth into the settings and now the black screen is gone. By the way, there is no place in the settings (that I could fine) to input the refresh rate (which in my case is 75 Hertz) but as I said, it works fine now.
alanlangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The 75 Hz is set by going Start menu -> Run... -> type "dxdiag"

In the window that appears, click "More Help" tab at the top.

Click "Override..." next to "Click this button to override DirectDraw's refresh rate (for advanced users only):"

Do not set this higher than your monitor will handle.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive