Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

Old 10-12-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
totoro5166
Registered

Angry Ever thought of making a goldfish tank?

Hi Jim!
First of all, let me tell you how much I love your marine tank. It's simply the awesomest ...

Now, I really can't wait to get my hands on the freshwater tank, but I also wanted to ask you this: hev you ever thought about a goldfish tank? Or at least, to have them among your freshwater fish list? Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!????
totoro5166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 08:16 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I can't say anything.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Stay tuned to Prolific.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
Socrates
Sage

Is your own label going to start trying to out do you?
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 04:28 PM   #5
Vish
Registered

I am so excited. It would be gr8 to have goldfish, koi and orandas in the freshwater tank...
--Vish
Vish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:10 AM   #6
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Originally posted by feldon23
I can't say anything.
This sounds a bit ... interesting.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 03:46 AM   #7
hpman77
Blue Angel

yeah, it sounds like "I know something but I won't tell you"
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 05:39 AM   #8
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Exactly~~~~~~~
Morgan.....is there really something?
Did Jim share you any Freshwater Aquarium secrect?
like some surprises releases?
haha...maybe i think too much....
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:50 AM   #9
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Hmmm, if I didn't know better – I'd say the members of this community is a little () starved for news...

Tiny Slip of the Tounge
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:38 AM   #10
just some guy
Banned

starved for news?

At one time I used to check this forum daily. After months of no updates or even hints at release dates, I visited once a week.
...Now you're lucky if I come here once a month.

Look at the posts... NO ONE is coming, let alone posting here anymore. WHY? No friggin' updates, creature packages or ANY news regarding what we all thought this screamscreen was going to do. I can't remember when there was even talk about people having fun around here... fun, anticipation, hope, etc.

It's like a bad date, or perhaps a marriage that went sour. SO many promises unfulfilled...

You know, why don't you just close down this forum if there is no reason to have it anymore? They can go to prolific for tech support.

Everytime I've visited here over the last (almost a) YEAR, it's been nothing, nothing, and more nothing... what a downer to visit this forum now... a big darn downer.

Sheech. What a crock this has become.
just some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:02 AM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

just some guy,

It's hard to argue with your sentiments. I have received similar e-mails from many others. Forum visitation is down 91% from February. People just don't come here any more. By the time Jim introduces another update, I fear we'll have a hard time just contacting all of them as they don't visit the forum and/or their e-mail addresses will have changed.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 10-17-2002, 01:04 PM   #12
hpman77
Blue Angel

hey, I'm checking the forum daily I just don't write in almost any thread because I have nothing to say, but I keep checking all 3 forums (coffee house, saltwater and freshwater) everyday and I read every new post

BUT imho, there would be some fresh air in the forum if Jim could give us something to look at. Maybe a screenshot, maybe a message from time to time... it doesn't take too much time to write something like "I'm improving XXXXXXXX" or "I had a problem with XXXX and I'm trying to solve it".... darn, I would be happy to see even a picture of Jim with the equipment he's working with at the moment
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:29 PM   #13
Swede
Registered

I agree. If no one is talking about your product it doesn't exist.
4x / F C Am G F C Am G //
Chorus: 3x /F C Am G F C Am G//
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 06:56 PM   #14
Socrates
Sage

I've been feeling like Just Some Guy, but this site is still in my daily rotation.

But the its disheartening to consider that the next release will be a whole new product and not an improvement to the one I already bought. Especially after so much time.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:03 PM   #15
Enigma
Registered

16 Highscores

I agree with the others.

While I visit the forum at least once a day (although I usually just lurk in the shadows and read the new threads) there really hasn't been that much in the way of news around here.

I know Jim has his hands full and (last I heard) was suffering from a bout of artist's block, it would be nice to hear what he's up to.

The only way to keep this forum alive, active, and happy is to get regular updates and teases from Jim.
?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 03:40 AM   #16
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Patience guys, patience...

Mayby Jim wants to introduce his upcoming masterpiece with a big bang! Like "It's done. Please download the freshwater demo at serenescreen.com". Would be great.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:49 AM   #17
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Well Jim suggested that the Freshwater Aquarium would be a ~45 day project. It's been ~200 days. That's a mean writer's block.

I think some more fish for the Saltwater would hold me over. How bout you guys?
Old 10-18-2002, 11:59 AM   #18
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Sure, sure, we all know that's the way Jim wants to do it, but I have to agree with just some guy and the others on this one. I still come and check the board once or twice a week, but it is discouraging when there are no posts or new news from Jim. Now he's teasing us with a possible goldfish screensaver or something, I'm still not sure 'cause he only teased us with some secret hint, and we are all still waiting for 3d backgrounds, creature packs, and the freshwater saver. Jim, if you want to make your millions while your still alive to enjoy it and make your movie, you've got to hire some extra help and get these projects done.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:23 PM   #19
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Goldfish is from Prolific.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:48 PM   #20
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, Patscarr - it is a bad case of artists block, the worst I've ever had. Also, I'm in full panic mode trying to get a roof on my house before the rain hits. Had a rain scare yesterday, but it stopped after a half-hour. A lot of wet wood and equipment, but no real damage.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium