Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 12-06-2004, 01:05 AM   #81
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

No, the blue gravel is only for that special version. But I am planning to put those big square-looking petrified wood rocks into the next version of GA.

So some like the blue gravel, and some don't... anyone else want to throw their two cents in? Does anyone like those squarish rocks?
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
----------------------------------
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:03 AM   #82
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
I like the square rock, though it really doesn't represent the Zen Garden as described in MCE version, however, I've notice a bright eye catching white spot (only one pixel, but very eye catching) on top left side of the right rock.

I saw you've put the square rock in the next version of GA because johnblommers has once post it with his EM in the "folding" thread, he said he's beta testing it. , and it's called "Petrified Wood" instead of square rock. Is that what you plan to name it in the next version of GA?

By the way, is that white strip on the backfin of Freida normal? I dont' see that in normal version of GA.

I'm more prefer some toys in the tank rather then just nature rocks and plants.
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:58 AM   #83
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I like the blue gravel as well as the rock but like James I would like toys too.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:48 AM   #84
cjmaddy
Registered

I realise that there is a long tradition of having 'toys' in goldfish bowls, but if they are to be introduced into GA I hope it will be as an option. The same goes for blue gravel! .... PLEASE don't force us to have it blue! - eeewww!

The Petrified Wood is a nice improvement on 'that rock' .... though it looks a little 'cold' in the above pic, - but I suppose that will depend on the chosen lighting.

..... Looking forward to the next version!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:28 AM   #85
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

...or you could get yourself a Mac, Cliff. "We" alreday got that one.

Toys have been promised to come as an option.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:46 AM   #86
iMark
Registered

I agree with everything that Cliff said...options are a good thing....
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #87
Allen
Registered

http://www.google.com/search/
Goldfish Aquarium for Windows Media Center Ed 2005
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:45 PM   #88
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Originally posted by edaniels
So some like the blue gravel, and some don't... anyone else want to throw their two cents in? Does anyone like those squarish rocks?
Just to throw in my 2¢, I like the petrified rock look a little more compared to the current standard GA version. As for the blue gravel, I don’t care for it as much as the current gravel. However, having it as an option of either or would be cool.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:39 PM   #89
Q-Beam
Chi Rho

Big Grin

the google search has a dead link.
Q-Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 PM   #90
cjmaddy
Registered

Put, Goldfish Aquarium for Windows Media Center Ed 2005, in Google.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #91
Q-Beam
Chi Rho

Wink

I did. When I went to the first page listed that you can supposedly download it from, it wasn't there. The link under the picture just brings you to a page and there is nothing to download. I get russian text and no download. Did they get rid of it?? Try it yourself. If you can get it could you email it to me? (I can't read russian.) I tried and downloaded the other stuff there as a test. They do download. But not the one I want. Hrumph!
Q-Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #92
cjmaddy
Registered

Sorry, I just went to the page, I didn't download anything. - I didn't want it. - I was just curious who it was!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:42 AM   #93
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

I like the way those petrified wood rocks look better than the current stones. But if you take away the blue rocks, it won't look as good as it currently does. Maybe you could program the aquarium so we can manually change the color of the stones only.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #94
cebritt
Registered

Blue Gravel

My 20" hex aquarium has blue gravel so of course I think it looks great! I had natural colored gravel for many years but the blue gravel really makes the tank pop in a dark room. The square rocks look great!

Carleton Britt
Austin, Texas
cebritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #95
Koda
Registered

I love the look of the Media Edition Tank. I also like the original as well. Bring the new changes on! We could all us a little more color in our lives. The work you have all done so far is A-1 in my optinion and I want to tell you all Job Well Done!

Now to throw another twist into this thread....last weekend I also saw this new tank running on a display laptop at Fry's Electronics. Except for this tank had purple rocks. It also looked AWESOME! What's the story behind this version??

Also any time frame on a release date for us to get our new GA tanks?

Thanks again and AWESOME work guys!!!

Koda
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #96
spacewanter
Registered

I like the aquarium screen saver, but I also love the Space screensaver that comes with it.

I have an original MCE, but my space.scr file is broken, and I really want to use it. Can someone post it, upload it, etc.

Thanks
spacewanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #97
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

How do you break a screensaver?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #98
spacewanter
Registered

The file seems to be faulty. When I choose Space from the screensaver settings, the process freezes for a second, and then I get a "Space Screen saver has encountered an error and needs to close..." error.
spacewanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #99
StressMaster
Registered

Cool The blue gravel ?

Originally posted by James:
Ok, my friend just pass me this English version of GA-MCE

Here's the screenshot of the setting, it's simply called Aquarium in the Display properties panel, not Goldfish Aquarium....interesting naming here....  

Hi All, Does anyone know where can i get the " The blue gravel " Please.
StressMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #100
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yes, buy Windows Media Center 2005.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows