Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-09-2002, 10:19 PM   #1
fleabitfox
Registered

LCD Monitor help please!

I have a viewsonic 17" lcd monitor. On a CRT monitor, it looks and runs great (around 75-79 framerate, and 1280x1024). When I take the same computer, and put it on the LCD monitor, the fish are much jerkier (including the bubbles). When I check the framerate, it is the same as on the CRT. I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, and latest version of directx, to no avail. It matters not if there is 1 fish, or 5.

Is there a reason for this? I have tried the 'optimum' resolution for the LCD (1280x1024), and it was set at I believe 60 (65?) hrz. I did try a higher refresh, but it looked no different. I tried the 'limit to 60 frames' and without (runs better without this checked). But still the same.

The lionfish is the only fish that looks normal, due to the fact he swims slow.

But the others.. they jerk (pause?) and it is noticable. Can anyone help with this? Running on Windows 2000. Thanks!

fleabitfox
fleabitfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 01:12 PM   #2
fleabitfox
Registered

Well, new problem...

I downloaded the latest detonator drivers for the geforce 4 mx440 and that seemed to mostly fix the jerky fish problems on the LCD monitor. The problem now? The bubbles sort of 'flash', which is annoying.. it catches the eye, and not in a good way.

A helpful at Prolific said there were some issues with LCD monitors. Does anyone have a fix or ideas about this? He thought it had to do with the refresh rate, and the LCD. I changed the refresh from 60 to 75.. the lower seems to work better, but nothing is making it look great. Any ideas anyone may have tried would be great help, thanks.

fleabitfox
fleabitfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 07:58 AM   #3
SDA
Registered

I have the same problem - 17" Sony LCD, DVI Input used from Nvidia 4200Ti board. 2.53 Pentium IV, 500MB Ram, Windows XP, SP1. I can't wait for a fix too!!
SDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Mollusc
Registered

Same problem but I thought it was more a limitation with LCD monitors caused by the time taken to refresh the pixels on screen.

Apparently they are significantly slower in refreshing pixels compared to CRT monitors, although newer LCD monitors are starting to get faster refresh rates.
Mollusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive