Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 AM   #261
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Rich,

Sounds like your monitor refresh might be set to 60Hz. You can change it in Display Properties -> Advanced... under "Monitor".

Also check that the aquarium is not limited to 60fps (press SPACE bar).
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:18 PM   #262
iffy
Registered

Big Grin RGB Emulation and Direct 3D Hal

I installed aquarium on my XP system and I get decent fps (75) in one user account and it shows that it is using Direct 3D Hal. In the other user name in XP, it only uses RGB emulation and runs at 3-4 fps...same machine just different user accounts. I've tried reducing to 16-bit color, but it doesn't work. I've also tried uninstall and re-install. Does anyone have a suggestion?
iffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #263
teac
Registered

Originally posted by Rich
I am running an AMD athlon 1gb machine with a radeon 9000 64mb card my fps is 64 at a resolution of 1280x1024 16bit
is this good? or can I get faster fps by changing something?
BTW; using 1280x1024 get my desktop icons looking "strange", so I use 1280x960. Anyone else notice that?
teac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 06:55 PM   #264
feldon34
Forum Administrator

1280x1024 is not a 4:3 aspect ratio (which is what your monitor is). To have 1280x1024 display properly with everything "square", you'd have to have slight black bars on the left and right.

1280x960 IS a 4:3 ratio though.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-06-2003 at 07:10 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:53 AM   #265
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I just bought a new PS/2 optical wheel mouse to replace the old PS/2 optical wheel mouse. The new one is a different brand and slightly different model than the old one. The new one's wheel seems to be working slightly differently than the old one. It seems to scroll a little more or less than the old one. Is there any way to adjust how much it scrolls?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:05 AM   #266
drfish
the Doc

Under mouse options in the control panel there should be a "wheel" tab that lets you change the lines per scroll... Otherwise installing the drivers that came with it should give you options...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:52 AM   #267
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Something that lets you change the lines per scroll is exactly what I need but I don't see a wheel tab and it did not come with any software.
Patrick
Old 06-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #268
drfish
the Doc

What kind is it? Logitech? Microsoft? Probably not if it's new and PS/2... But maybe where you are...
Old 06-21-2004, 10:16 AM   #269
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

It's a freaking Camac! I'm going to take it back and get the Samsung one tomorrow! I noticed it had a floppy with it. It is really bugging me. When I scroll two notches it works, but the third notch does nothing then the fourth notch does two scrolls. Then after that it is anyone's guess. Ahhg!
Patrick
Old 06-21-2004, 10:24 AM   #270
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Man that's messed up . I have a Microsnot PS/2 IntelliPoint . It has 5 buttons ( left , right , Wheel center button , Thumb (which is set for back ) and a right side ( for ring finger) that is set for forward or return when you click back .

I love this mouse and will never go to any other mouse that doesn't have these options .
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #271
drfish
the Doc

I'm a Logitech Dual Optical man myself... Though I'll probably get an MX 510 when I can... We've got MX 310s at work (thanks to me) and they are schweet!
Old 06-21-2004, 09:32 PM   #272
kramyellup
Registered

regarding were to find drivers for nvidia products first go straight to
www.nvidia.com/page/home , and click on download drivers and it will help you find the driver you need! the latest driver for nivdia riva tnt pro 2 is dated 3/15/2004 I recently downloaded it my self!
kramyellup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:55 AM   #273
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I got rid of that piece of junk today. I took ESHIREY's advice about the 5 button mouse and exchanged it for a BPI, 5 button, e-mail, optical, wheel mouse. So far, so good. It has the regular left and right buttons with a clickable wheel in between. When you click the wheel, you can have it do one of 12 different things. Then it also has left and right side buttons that can be programmed to do just about anything. Right now I just have them set at default, which is Forward and Backward while surfing the net. This mouse can also check your POP3 e-mail account and has a little light that flashes when you have mail. Have not tried that yet but will let you know how it goes later.

And the best part is, no ball! I hate ball mouses and will never use one again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e-kii.jpg (49.8 KB, 46 views)
Patrick
Old 06-22-2004, 03:26 AM   #274
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

You "hate" ball mouses? I like to reserve potent words like that for greater issues...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:52 AM   #275
drfish
the Doc

I believe I could say I "hate" ball mice too... That's why I got everyone here fancy optical ones... When they had their old mice they never cleaned them themselves and would always come to me because their mouse "wasn't working." Drove me up the wall! How anyone can stand still using one is beyond me... I imagine productivity has gone up since the great switch, only moving your mouse once to get the cursor where you want it has to save time over moving it 3 times...
Old 06-22-2004, 05:21 AM   #276
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I pretty much agree with those statements. I have used an optical mouse for quite some time now and like them much better.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 06:14 AM   #277
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Those are "mice" aswell? I will better myself and use the proper word the next time. As for cleaning them – I found that almost the opposite. Spending a minute or two on fixing someones mouse alway seemed to render more praise than deserved by my effort...

/Tiny Putsbög
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:24 AM   #278
drfish
the Doc

Now that you mention it, cleaning out someone's mouse never got me a thank you... Not that I can remember... Most don't know what I'm doing taking the thing apart in the first place, and many claim not to notice a difference... A lot of the time I did it because I had to use the computer and it was making me crazy not to...

Repair their "broken" email or "fix" the internet however and they'll be your best friend...
Old 06-22-2004, 07:13 AM   #279
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

You and I must be a couple of real nerds if we need to fix people's computers for them to be our friends...

/Tiny Zlatan

Old 06-22-2004, 07:52 AM   #280
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

I'm the same way . I had to clean there mouse up to untill I showed them my mouse . Then they got one just like it . Patscarr , That's a great looking mouse . That's a newer one then mine . I had mine about 5 years or so . I love that look .

And as far as the setup , that's how I got mine setup . But it's nice to have all those other options . You know it ?
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive