Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
Mith
Registered

TV?

Hey, just thought of something. Is it possibly to put this screen saver on a disk that will play on my TV? I now you can run a computer to your TV (I think) and see it that way, but for those of us who just have the DVD player, can we do the above???
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yes, it is possible. So is hooking your PC up to the TV. Unforunately you'll only get a resolution (720x576) when using the DVD format and naturally the fish will swim in the same way every time.

There was a DVD version of the tank released ages ago but that was nothing special, really. You should look into a program called "FRAPS" if you want to record a clip of the tank.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

There was a DVD put out there that was very low quality. Not even widescreen anamorphic.

Tiny is right that the best tool to produce a DVD would be FRAPS. The question is do you have a big enough hard drive to record 90 minutes of the Aquarium?

And would it be best to try to record antialiased or record it at a higher resolution and scale down the resulting video?

Most people end up just building a $350 PC to run the Aquarium and hook it to their TV. MA3 looks incredible on our new Mitsubishi 65" 1080p DLP TV.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Prolific is thinking of making a hi-def DVD of MA3.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Excellent idea. Hopefully they either use FRAPS or modify the Aquarium engine to write high resolution JPEG files to the hard drive and feed that into a video encoder using DirectShow filters (you can route graphics, sound, and video between two programs who don't speak each other's language with DirectShow filters).

Any type of video transfer would look horrid.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 11-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

We should be able to get MA3 to generate the High resolution frames needed to create that video.
We just need to force the framerate to whatever we desire and let it take snapshot frame by frame.
It will look really slow in realtime while generating the frames but it should be correct in its playback. Then just add the music and bubbles sound separately.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:39 AM   #7
Mith
Registered

Ya, I think I tried fraps once (demo maybe?) and the files for a short vid were HUGE!....

Oh well... if they figure out a way to do it I'd get one... but for now I'm still very happy with what I have.
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #8
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Prolific is thinking of making a hi-def DVD of MA3.  
That would be a Blu-Ray disc then?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Edgar,

Sounds good!

Tiny,

I'm guessin' Blu-Ray. HD-DVD lost the war. There are a lot of tropical sea life Blu-Ray videos and aquarium Blu-Ray videos out there that people run on their TVs.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yup, I know HD-DVD is dead – I just wanted to point out that HD content cannot be put on a regular DVD (at least not to be played back on a regular DVD player).

Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive