Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #1561
Jim Sachs
Developer

The music routine is almost doen, so I'm not really counting that. The two major items are collision detection and user interfaces. MA2.6 did not have a 3D background, so there was nothing for the fish to hit, except each other. That rudimentary fish-to-fish collision-detection is already in MA3, but with so many fish in the tank, it's not very effective.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #1562
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Collision detection in MA3 would involve not colliding with the background objects as the fish now are allowed to swim more freely - it's a pretty vital part of it all to avoid that swim-to-the-right-and-then-back feeling of MA2...

Sorry, missed your post, Jim.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.

Last edited by Tiny Turtle; 04-16-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:20 AM   #1563
Pyros9
Registered

Question Ported to Google Gadget

Jim, I was just wondering if you knew that MA2 had been ported to a Google Gadget?
Here's the link:

Google Aquarium Gadget

Doug................(Pyros9)
www.faddis.net

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs think I am.
Pyros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #1564
Perfish
Registered

Sound and Vision

Thanks mr. Sachs for answering some questions. If there would be an option to turn off music than that would be very user-friendly.

I have another question:
together of having an option to get a logo or whatever into to the tank via the clock procedure, would it not be nice if one could slide in an 32-bit pngfile )with alphachannel) or even a complete background? In a certain area, somewhere between some rocks, with limited size. Or in the background.
Perfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #1565
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks Pyros9 - I've notified Prolific's lawyer.

Perfish - Just press the "M" key to turn off the music. Regarding adding your own background graphics, sorry - no.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #1566
Highlander
Registered

Angry

Hello Highlander it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

So, Jim WHEN ?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups !
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #1567
Jim Sachs
Developer

Soon. Prolifc has just taken over the Playlist interface, which frees me to start on the dreaded Coliision Avoidance System.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #1568
igohigh
Registered

Smile Avast ye scallywags 'n scoudrals!

Long time no see! And with M3 just on the horizon as well!!

Now about this Music option, Belay yer caterwall'n 'n complain'n, it be an 'option' 'n options be a good thing in deed!
I likes the idea o' play'n some melodies whilst the fish dance 'n swim. I likes better the idea o' a playlist so I could plug in some o' me favorite MP3 ballets from the Jolly Rogers 'n others; 'Black Jack Slim's Cutthroat Inn', 'Queen Fairy', 'The Dark Lady', 'Pirate Lullaby', 'Pirate Annies Chest', 'Mingulay boat song', 'Never Sea Land', 'Jolly Rovin Tar', 'n even 'The Mermaid Song'.

I like the music on the home computer however of course at work it can be turned off....that thar be the whole concept "an option".

....now how about that beautiful siren what who can make an occasional cameo swim across the screen?
Vultures take the easy prey,
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
igohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #1569
cjmaddy
Registered

No on yer's complanin bout yon options. Tis them as don't recon to sort owt yer option from yer default as causin owt fuss!

Doubt Jim'll povide yer titilation though, ... but tha never knows!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #1570
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

You are right. It is almost unreadable!
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #1571
igohigh
Registered

Smile Blast th' the defaults!

defaults, Bah! What lubbers would run a ship with 'defaults' anywho? Why th' first thing t' do with any application is t' dig in and rip out the haul 'n customize it fer yer own self and dirty deeds!

Why me own M2.6, she flies several flags in her clock 'n from time t' time I still digs in 'n changes settings, just fer a change o' time 'r weather.

Now fer the fine scaly beauty, perhaps if'n we takes ol' Jim down t' the water front fer a pint o' rum 'r two, when th' sirens begin for t' sing their songs o' sweet ol' Jim'll come 'round, he just might
;p
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #1572
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I would guess that 98% of SS Aquarium users have no idea they can press the SPACE bar to bring up a Settings window.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #1573
igohigh
Registered

Originally posted by feldon32:
I would guess that 98% of SS Aquarium users have no idea they can press the SPACE bar to bring up a Settings window.  
Well not anymore feldon32, ye just bloody blabbed it all o'r th' internet!!

I suppose next we be put'n a big Red 'X' in th' corner with a dotted trail leadin' right to it?!

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
Old 04-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #1574
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by Pyros9:
Jim, I was just wondering if you knew that MA2 had been ported to a Google Gadget?
Here's the link:

Google Aquarium Gadget  
That's the most cheekiest pee take I've seen in a long time.....

No wonder it has a few bugs in it since it's been ripped apart and put together as a Google gadget.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Prolific's lawyers get their hands on it....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #1575
debavocet
Welcome to the Quack House!

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Just press the "M" key to turn off the music.  
I'm having a problem with the default in MA 3. If I understand it right, the music will come on with the screensaver and we must press the "M" key to shut it off. I'm not looking forward to hearing Pachelbel every day, every time, and coming from other rooms to shut it off. Why not make the bubbles the default and press "M" to turn ON the music option? (I'll admit leaning toward a natural sounding aquarium.)

Even better, can users use the Settings to set our own default - bubbles, the music, or no sound? I think that's the most user-friendly.
debavocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #1576
Jim Sachs
Developer

Pressing the M key turns off the music, and it stays that way until you press the M key again or checkmark the box in settings.

ATTENTION EVERYONE **** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ****

THIS SETTING IS REMEMBERED BY THE PROGRAM.
THE MUSIC WILL NEVER COME ON AGAIN UNLESS YOU TURN IT ON (or delete the Registry entry).
ONCE YOU PRESS THE M KEY, YOU WILL NEVER HEAR MUSIC AGAIN UNTIL YOU PRESS THAT KEY AGAIN (or checkmark the box in settings).
PRESSING the M KEY THE VERY FIRST TIME YOU START MA3 WILL GIVE YOU A LIFETIME OF MUSIC-FREE ENJOYMENT!
THIS SETTING IS REMEMBERED BY THE PROGRAM.

*** END OF IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ***
(Sorry, Deb - but this has just come up one time too many )

You will be able to turn on music, bubbles, both, or neither. If you place any of your own music into the Playlist, then that becomes the default music.

The reason for having music as the default setting is so that people will know that the program now does music. (But ONLY if they want it to!)
Jim Sachs
Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #1577
debavocet
Welcome to the Quack House!

Thanks for making this clear to us - very clear!
Some of us were a little confused and thought we might have to shut off the music every time the screensaver came on.
Promise I won't pester you about music again.
debavocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #1578
igohigh
Registered

Exclamation dancing fish

hmmm, now if I can just get the fish to 'dance' to the music

a whole school of fish dancing to the River Song 8o
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
Old 04-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #1579
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ain't gonna happen here.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #1580
valeryan
Registered

Embarassed I return

Wow! I have not ran my aquarium in a while but I just got a new system and it came with a really nice 22 inch widescreen monitor. I thought to my self this monitor would be amazing with MA on it. so I wondered by to download 2.6 only to find out that a new version is being developed. It reminded me of the happy days of beta testing. Hey Jim I am glad to know you are still around and doing your thing and its cool to see that this place is still kicking. I really look forward to seeing MA 3 on this aweosome monitor. How do we find information about beta testing?
Eternally Someone Else
valeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive