Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-21-2001, 06:51 AM   #1
AlgaeWiz
Micrasterias

Cool Mouse senstivity (TOO sensitive)

is there any way to adjust the mouse sensitivity on this when used as a screensaver. I have a Del 8200 with MS intellimouse, and the tank kicks off too frequently. I don't want to uncheck "exit on mouse move" because then I don't get any password protection. I like to have my XP machine kick back to the welcome/password screen when it awakes, and it won't if you turn of mouse move and hit the escape key to exit screensaver.

Seems to me someone was talking about this with the new proposed setup menus (improved security in v 1.0), but when I checked the pics on line, I saw nothing new about security or mouse movement.
AlgaeWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 07:03 AM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim addressed this once before. He was having troubles with cordless mice earlier and he adjusted the sensitivity down some then, maybe he can recheck the settings and move it a little further.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 07:06 AM   #3
AlgaeWiz
Micrasterias

Yes. Mine is not cordless. but awful sensitive. Don't have that problem with other screen savers. Even if i set the mouse down with "slack in the line" center pad and take hands of the desk and sit real still . . . ... <blink>
Old 12-21-2001, 10:16 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

IF 1.0 ever comes out, no matter how you configure your Settings window, entering the screen saver password is required to get to your desktop on Windows 95/98/ME. That's the major enhancement in 1.0 in fact.

On Windows 2000/XP, the password protection is bulletproof.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 10:55 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

I may put a "mouse sensitivity" setting in a future version.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 01:25 PM   #6
AlgaeWiz
Micrasterias

Thanks, Jim. Mouse sensitivity would be much appreciated. BTW, algae are beautiful, too. See them at http://www.cedareden.com/phyto.html
Old 02-24-2002, 02:31 AM   #7
AlgaeWiz
Micrasterias

Thumbs Down Mouse no longer sensitive!

Jim et al.:

Just wanted to note that my mouse is no longer TOO sensitive with version 1.1. Saw no option for adjusting mouse sensitivity but whatever you did, its working!
Old 02-24-2002, 10:12 AM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

The method of mouse detection has been changed. Before, I was counting mouse messages, and after 5 the program would exit. Now, the cursor position is tracked and has to physically change by a few pixels for the program to exit. Some mouse drivers were sending many false messages.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive