Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-30-2003, 10:33 PM   #1
albert
Registered

SereneScreen Locking Up?

Have an issue that did not occur with the Trial Edition but does with the licensed version, 2.0 Marine Aquarium. If it is running and Outlook Express is in an open window and an email message comes in SereneScreen will minimize to the task bar and lock up the sound. To get the system back to normal have to un-minimize SereneScreen and then move the mouse to properly shut it down.

More importantly do not want the screen saver to shut down by having an application report some data change within a window such as an email in Outlook Express. Should this behavior occur???? If I minimize Outlook Express prior to the screen saver activating the problem does not occur but I wouldn't think you would still want this behavior.

Running WinXP Professional with all Service Packs.

Thanks, Al
albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:43 PM   #2
Karlsbadkid
Registered

Al, just purchased MA version 2.0 from Best Buy. Have loaded it and now when I run it, the frame freezes every couple of seconds, plus the bubbles look more like a stream of water with bubbles. Any Help?
Karlsbadkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:46 PM   #3
albert
Registered

I'm probably not the one to ask since I'm having problems myself. What type of hardware due you have, the bubbles are pretty slow on 266Mhz machines but when I upgraded and a video card with more memory it seemed to improve substantially.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:34 PM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

In response to your questions: Screen savers have a very low priority as far as Windows is concerned. About any program can interrupt them. Running the full version compared to the demo version would tax your system more because of more 3D objects being on the screen. The video card takes the brunt of rendering, not your cpu. If you have an old card you might try turning off a fish or two, or turning off the bubbles and check your results. Sometimes updating your video drivers can also help.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:42 PM   #5
albert
Registered

Michael,

Does that make sense that an email message coming in would turn off the screen saver if Outlook Express is in an open window?? Doesn't work this way with other screen savers to my knowledge. Do other experience this same result?

Thanks for the reply though.

--Al
Old 10-31-2003, 05:53 PM   #6
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Most ScreenSavers closes when another application takes over the focus. If you want MA2 to close, run it as a screensaver with "Exit on MouseMove" checked. If you dbl click on the icon it is not running as a screensaver.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive