Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #21
Jim Sachs
Developer

I've considered it (and the program already does some of this if the aspect ratio of the window warrants it), but I already take a lot of heat for having so much water showing at the top. I consider it a good balance of visuals vs. performance.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #22
rps
Registered

Originally posted by Dale:
Just so B737 (SWA Pilot?) will be clear on this - if you uncheck Auto Pan, your fish will swim "out of sight" at the sides of the simulation. I don't personally find that to be a drawback, but it's worth mentioning.  
Yes, but is that *really* an issue? It's not like anybody will be looking at a TV hanging on the wall, and asking "Wow, is that a real aquarium? It's only 2" thick..."

I think that you could set up a large LCD panel, turn off auto-pan, and then just scroll MA3 to any desired part of the tank. (Personally, I like to have the cave just a little left of center, so I can see the conch shell to the left, and the clams to the right.) I don't look at the screen so much as a "virtual aquarium", but more like a "window to the ocean" - the fact that fish swim "out of view" does *nothing* to dispel the illusion.

~Ralph S.
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows