Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #541
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'd guess closer.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #542
rctneil
Registered

Today?
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #543
Jim Sachs
Developer

Probably not. There's still a lot of cleanup to be done, and it is labor-intensive. However, they are working rather well - closing when a fish gets near, then slowly opening.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #544
raygan
Registered

Big Grin

just stopping by to say that MA3 is working great on my Asus Eeepc 1000HE.

-first impression is a bit dark...its the netbooks graphics...not the aquarium itself coz it fine on my desktop running on 8800GTX displayed on a Dell 24 ultrasharp.

-I bet Jim and his team are peeing in their pants in excitement...I know I am.

-I noticed that there are no more clipping on the corrals...I guess you guys fixed it.

-I like the crystal MA3, its readable and crisp.

-the music is so soothing....I'm getting sleepy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

good luck on launch, I'll have my old MA2 CD-ROM ready for the discount.
raygan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #545
Jim Sachs
Developer

Launched a couple of months ago. Go buy it.

Not quite sure what "clipping on the corals" means.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #546
sophie_uk
Registered

Thumbs Up

I love this program - it's running on my Dell Inspiron laptop with no problems (sorry I don't have enough knowledge to find out what my graphics card is, etc). I think it's a great achievement... I originally looked for an aquarium screen saver, but this is so nice I can't wait for the timed screensaver to kick in, so I start the program and spend half my time at the computer just gazing at it! My cats are more than interested too - they try and pat the fish on the screen

I have bought the full version now, but I have a question - what happens when a new version of the beta comes out? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall?

Jim, you sound so dedicated and talented, and you have every reason to be really proud of this I can't wait to see all the new features you're planning.
sophie_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #547
Wizwad
Only me...

I'm guessing he means pass-throughs. But the tidy-up on that is coming after the improved fish models, isn't it? Unless I'm going doolally. Again.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #548
Jim Sachs
Developer

Sophie - Each new version just replaces the previous version. No need to uninstall.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #549
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Sophie, watch for when we announce a new version at serenescreen. Those are the ones you want to install over your bought and paid for version. the Betas you will find here are ones we are testing for Jim. Those have expiration dates and will quit working, the serenescreen versions will not.

Also you don't need to delete anything, just go back to serenescreen and get the newest version and install it. It will overwrite and add all the new stuff to the version you have without you needing to do anything else.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #550
sophie_uk
Registered

So, can I take part in the beta testing too, and experience the new things as they come out (also reporting any odd things that happen) or is it best to wait now until the final version is released?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:07 AM   #551
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

That's totally up to you.

Testing can be fun, it can also cause problems with your computer system that may or may not be serious. That decision is one only you can make.

If something goes wrong we can try to help you fix it, but there are no guarantees.......
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 AM   #552
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Hi Sophie. Welcome to the forum. Beta testing is fun. Why don't you try it with us. You'll like it.

Also, check out this thread...
Cat Herding Video Contest
I made $50 bucks! Maybe you can get $100!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #553
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by sophie_uk:
So, can I take part in the beta testing too, and experience the new things as they come out (also reporting any odd things that happen) or is it best to wait now until the final version is released?  
There is no reason why you cannot download each new Beta as it comes. That is what we are all doing.

The only reason to stick to the Installer-only version is if you don't want to deal with possible bugs. It sounds like you would rather try new things out.

If you want to receive a notification every time a new version of the Aquarium comes out, follow this link and set yourself up for e-mail notification:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ription&t=4385
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #554
sophie_uk
Registered

Hmmm - thanks for your advice, guys. I'm in two minds - the aquarium is so exciting and I want to be part of its continued development, but if anything goes wrong with my computer system I'm completely clueless as to how to fix it! I expect I won't be able to resist testing new versions as they come out, but if anything goes wrong I'll back out and wait for the official release. (And hope someone kind takes pity on me and helps me fix whatever broke!) Clams for example - I have to see those when they're ready!!! And I have a secret hope for some sea-horses one day :-)
Old 03-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #555
jleslie
Engineer

I don't think anyone's had any problems more serious than some other program not working perfectly while the aquarium is running, I certainly wouldn't worry about it causing any harm, as that's extremely unlikely...
John
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #556
Isabeau
Registered

Problems in Paradise, just bought a Flybook V5 www.flybook.com beautifull but ....... MA3 is not working right, all the fish leave traces of there image. A little while ago I had a simular problem on the right site. Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset.
All the other machines still working great but really looking forward to the new fish.

Isabeau
Intel Quadcore Q9550
Club 3D8800 GTS 640mb DDR3
Kingston 2GB DDR3
Asus Extreme Maximus FSB 1600
3.6 TB HD's
24" Iiyama Prolite B2403WS
24" Fujitsu Siemens L2W
32 bit Vista Ultimate full version
Xclio A380 twin engine
=========================
Intel Core i7-920 LGA 1366
Asus P6T Deluxe
6GB Corsair XMS3-1600 DDR3
1 Saphire ATI HD4870 X2 2GB
Creative X-Fi Titanium
Corsair PSU 750watt TX
Thermaltake VH6000BWS Armor+
24" Fujitsu Siemens L2W
32" Samsung Flatscreen TV as second screen
Windows Vista 64 Ultimate full version
Isabeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #557
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by jleslie:
I don't think anyone's had any problems more serious than some other program not working perfectly while the aquarium is running, I certainly wouldn't worry about it causing any harm, as that's extremely unlikely...
John  
Not to scare Sophie.. it is fun and at this stage very unlikely to upset any part of your computer.. But.. it was quite possible to crash ones system in the early stages.. depending of course on how extensively (read silly) one wanted to test it
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #558
Scott Cooney
Registered

Isabeau I had the same problem of fish trails with Nvidia 7600 GT graphics card. Problem was cured updating the graphics display driver. My old display diver was only 1 yr. out of date. It seems Ma3 needs current display drivers to work properly.
Scott Cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #559
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Isabeau:
http://www.flybook.com/index.php/en/...714101364.html

Here are the latest graphics drivers for your computer. That might help.
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #560
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Scott Cooney:
Isabeau I had the same problem of fish trails with Nvidia 7600 GT graphics card. Problem was cured updating the graphics display driver. My old display diver was only 1 yr. out of date. It seems Ma3 needs current display drivers to work properly.  
As does most 3D software/games. Glad to see you got it sorted out.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows