Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #341
jleslie
Engineer

BTW on the 3D Blu-ray topic from earlier in this thread, Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11 has 3D Blu-ray support, inc authoring to disk, and runs about $130.
John
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #342
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, John - I checked it out. It still requires other high-end software, and won't work for me. The first user comment on the Amazon page explains why:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Creative-...7660940&sr=8-1
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #343
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It took years and years before DVD authoring software under $2,000 fully supported the spec.

I think your best bet is to find an authoring house who will do this work for you. You have the special version of MA3 built that will export a stream of BMP or TGA files for each eye, right?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #344
jleslie
Engineer

Is there a trial - if so you could see what it gives you and perhaps use the result to get someone to finance a full version? 960x1080 isn't bad as resolution goes...

i do agree the whole side-by-side thing is a bit of a frig, as the Blu-ray spec says 3D is two full 1920x1080 frames and this is just letting the TV interpret a 2D pic...
Old 10-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #345
Jim Sachs
Developer

Morgan - I already have a version of MA3 which will export the frames, I just need them encoded onto into a 3D Blu-Ray disc. Authoring houses are far too expensive and out of the question.

John - Sony Blu-print does have a free trial, but the requirements are probably pretty severe, seeing as the price is $50,000 per license.
Jim Sachs
Old 10-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #346
jleslie
Engineer

Jim - I meant use Vegas to make a side-by-side demo as a proof-of-concept and use that to get someone to fund a full-blown one. (Or maybe just sell them if you are happy with how they look, with a free upgrade if the full one does happen.)
Old 10-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #347
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll look into Vegas some more, but I'm not too hopeful of getting something that will just pop into a machine at Best Buy and run in perfect 3D.

As far as getting someone to fund anything...hahahaha
Jim Sachs
Old 10-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #348
scooby
Registered

Cool Code

Hi there pls someone, i purchased this screensaver along time ago and i have lost my code please help...
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #349
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

lost keycodes
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #350
snorkler
Registered

Please, I apologize if this offends anyone. I would much prefer improved fish movement (would this not carry over to the freshwater aquarium?) to anything "3D". More creatures, a live starfish, much seems to have been set aside. Just my opinion and I won't bother you all again!

Michael
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #351
Iwantfish2
Registered

I was reading through this thread earlier. I saw where you talked about your financial problems with the recession and sales being down. I was on the site before, I had bought a hard copy of GoldFish on ebay for $10 and it came with a hard copy of marine Aquarium 2.0. I just purchased Marine Aquarium 3. I bought a new laptop a few months back. So I thought I would give MA3 a try. It is wonderful. Even better then the older version. The fish and everything look even more gorgeous then before.

I have a youtube channel that gets quite alot of views. Though I only have 1 youtube video posted. I will make a video of the screen saver and post where to buy it at in links. I hope it will help some. Everyone else should do the same if they like. Also do whatever you can to push the videos into popularity. Youtube is like free advertising. I also post on alot of popular channels and videos made by popular people.
Iwantfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #352
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, it couldn't hurt. There are actually a lot of YouTube videos which feature the Aquarium or movies that it has been used in, but so far none have really done us much good.

By the way, MA3 will have a fairly prominent role in the new Series "Invention USA" on the History Channel, set to premiere Dec 9.
Jim Sachs

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 11-03-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #353
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Cool. I'll have to check it out.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #354
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by snorkler:
Please, I apologize if this offends anyone. I would much prefer improved fish movement (would this not carry over to the freshwater aquarium?) to anything "3D". More creatures, a live starfish, much seems to have been set aside. Just my opinion and I won't bother you all again!

Michael  

Agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed!!!!!!!!!
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #355
ahankamer

Best I've ever seen

Speaking as someone who had a real 250 gal. saltwater tank for over 7 years, I can tell you that I'd rather have yours! Seriously, I look into every "aquarium" desktop application I run across anywhere, and I've not seen anything that even comes close to yours. It really is amazing, and I agree that if you can just get the word out, people would definitely buy it, and for more than $19.95. Especially if you follow through with the fish behavoirs (schooling, grazing etc.). Hand Feeding is a great idea. As are add-on fish/coral packs. I know I would spend money on them. Your work is so far superior to anything else out there, it would be a crying shame to just let it fall by the wayside. It's almost as good for lowering blood pressure as petting a dog.

Believe me, anyone who used to have a saltwater tank would buy it. The viewing enjoyment is quite comparable, without the incredible expense and anxiety that a real tank entails. (People who still do have real tanks don't have free time for anything but testing, treating & changing water, lighting, etc.) Please don't quit! If you put it out there, I'll buy it and convince every one of my friends and co-workers to do the same! Really!
ahankamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #356
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks for the kind words.
Jim Sachs
Old 06-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #357
russnjan
Registered

Jim/Feldon - a quick question

For years now I've prgressed through the various incarnations of MA, and marvelled at the work done to gvet it where it is today.

You will always have my support from "Down Under".

What I found today disturbs me somewhat, so I thought I'd ask the question and get the answer straight from the fish's mouth, so to speak.

I came across MA3Lite being given away for free !!!

Didn't seem right to me, so I thought I'd c heck ......

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache...ree_57.com.xpi

contains legal software that can be used by criminals for damaging your computer or personal data
not-a-virus:WebToolbar.Win32.MyWebSearch.gen
Message generated: 12:58:06 AM

Is this right ???

Regards

Russ
Darwin
Australia
russnjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #358
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Clicking that link.. starts a download that then comes up with an error message about not being compatible with SeaMonkey V2. (my browser).

I would caution anyone about downloading this.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #359
Jim Sachs
Developer

I have a deal with Mindspark under which I wrote a 'Lite' version of Marine Aquarium and allow them to give it away to customers willing to install their toolbar. Both the program and the toolbar contain links to buy the full program. This lite version is about the same as what you get when you run MA without a Key Code.
Jim Sachs
Old 06-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #360
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Marine Aquarium Lite is a legitimate free trial of the Aquarium available through MyWebSearch aka Mindspark. The official website is here:

http://free.marineaquariumfree.com/index.jhtml

Browser search bars have a well-earned reputation as being vectors for malware, but in this case, it's an official deal. As far as I can tell, MyWebSearch doesn't do anything with your data that Google doesn't do tenfold.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows