Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-25-2002, 04:43 AM   #1
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
4 keycode emails and 1 Sale email

When I'm purchasing the SereneScreen Aquarium
after my credit card is approved, I get transfered to the page
which display my key code, then I click back button and the previours page and press the stop button immediately thus I can print out the page which display my ordering information
becourse this page only show up a second and my browser load the key code page immediately

then I go check my email....I got one sale imformation email and four keycode emails.......surprisingly....I got four different key code...each of them r very similar only last 10 digit is different

I wonder why is this?
and did I get billed many times?
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 09:59 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You just got billed 4 times. Please now contact Service@serenescreen.com and have them remove 3 from your credit card.

I guess Prolific needs to put a note on the order pages to DO NOT USE THE BACK BUTTON and let you know that you will get an order confirmation e-mail anyway.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:31 PM   #3
Lightfeather

I know I didn't get billed more than once because I purchased my copy of serenescreen a while ago. But I got two different key codes as well.

When I went to the page the day Version 1.1 came out and got my updated key code, everything worked like a charm and I got my email with my new key code within fifteen minutes. I upgraded and was watching my fish in minutes.

I just received a new e-mail today, a slight bit different than the one I received when requesting my new key code.

This email that I received today gave me a different code than I am using right now. I haven't tried it to see if it works or not but the beginning matches the other one I have and the rest is different.

The first email (the one I requested) came from:
Subject: SereneScreen Aquarium

and contained this bit of content (minus my keycode of course.):

Recently, you requested that we email your Registration code for SereneScreen Aquarium.

Your Registration Code is: * ****-*****-*****-*****

To Complete the Registration of SereneScreen Aqurium.
1. Launch the SereneScreen Aquarium by double-clicking on the program icon.
2. Press the spacebar to open the Register dialog box.
3. Type your Key Code into the registration box.
4. Press the ENTER button to complete the registration.
5. Once competed, 'DELUXE REGISTRATION OK' will appear in the text box.
6. Press the Exit button and enjoy your new virtual saltwater aquarium.

Should you have any technical difficulties, please refer to the support section of SereneScreen.com

If you did not request that we send you your code, please let us know at service@serenescreen.com

The second email is from:
Subject: SereneScreen Aquarium Update Notice:

We have sent you this email because you are a Registered User of Jim Sach's SereneScreen Aquarium.

Dear Registered SereneScreen User,

It is a very exciting time for all of us here, as we have just released version 1.1 of Jim Sach's SereneScreen Aquarium! This version includes a myriad of improvements over the previous versions; the biggest is the addition of our first deluxe fish, the Lionfish.

New customers purchasing the Aquarium from now on will pay the new price of $21.95, but as our thanks to you for being an early customer, we are allowing you to upgrade to Version 1.1 AT NO COST.

All you need to do is download the latest version HERE. Once it is downloaded, put your NEW Key Code into the Register box.

You can also download the new version from www.serenescreen.com.

That's all you need to do!

Here is your NEW Key Code: *****-*****-*****-*****

If you have any problems with this process, simply email service@serenescreen.com and we will do our best to help you. In this busy time, please allow for up to 48 hours for your email to be responded to.

WARNING: Do NOT share your Key Code with anyone. It is keyed to YOUR name and account with SereneScreen and sharing your code can invalidate your account for future upgrades.

Thank you,

The SereneScreen Team

(Both keycodes were different but both contained some of the same elements in the same places.)
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Lightfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:39 PM   #4
James

Morgan...
r u sure I really get billed 4 times?
coz I only got one sale email looks like this

Subject : [DELUXE-XXXXXXXXXX] Sale Of $21.95

This transaction will appear as "PROLIFIC PUBLISHING, INC." on your credit card billing statement.

***** SALE *****

Time: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Merchant: XXXXXXXXXXx
Order ID: DELUXE-XXXXXXXXXX

Card Number: XXXX...XXXX
Exp. Date: xx/xxxx

Amount: $21.95
Approval Code:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

then I get other 4 keycode emails.........

if I really got billed 4 times....I should get 4 equivalent sale email
as well.....but I only got one..

AND I only press the back button one time, my browser didn't load the page but it display the information page immediately....
I suppose that ordering information page must already in my internet cache.....
I didn't go back to the page which I enter my card number and the expiry date.....if I do I sure I'll submit the form again....
but I only go back to the credit card approved ordering information page......
I'm certain that the script on that page has a hidden form which will automatically direct me to the keycode page, but I doubt that hidden form will get me billed?

Morgan, so can u cleary explain what's the actual procedure that the system works?

and to my surpised, I checked my email this morning, and founf there r two extra keycode emails......this result me has
ONE sale information email
SIX keycode emails.....

my god, if you r correct, then did I realy got billed SIX times?

Old 02-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

I doubt if you got billed more than once, but the Prolific Support guys can easily look up your records. If you have already emailed them, then don't send another message - it just clogs up the works.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:58 PM   #6
James

thanks for you prompt reply Jim!

I doubt too.......that why I post another reply to Morgan
to explain the thing in more details

after I post the reply I then went to send an email about this to Service@serenescreen.com, then I come bacl to forum and saw your reply....

don't worry.....I just woke up this morning and saw Morgan's reply.....so I only send one email to Service@serenescreen.com as I did minuted ago...

Jim can you brifly explain the reason why you doubt I didn't get billed six times?...

btw, I realised that the key code page is an CGI gernerated page from the hidden form input value in the ordering information page....

the designer shouldn't use automatic direct the user to the keycode page immediately....coz someone might wanna look at those ordering innformation like me....although 'll got the email about this....I found that the ordering innformation page IS more detail than the one in email.....
beside....there's a sentence on the ordering innformation page:
"We recommend that you print this page as confirmation of your order."

if the keycode page is immediately loaded after this page displayed, there no chance to print it but only use the back button.....

hope you'll understand what I'm saying...a bit complicated here :P
Old 02-25-2002, 06:59 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Everyone on Wednesday, Feb 20th got a keycode. Then all the keycodes were erased from the database and re-created because ~10% were corrupt and unusable.

If we start seeing multiple keycodes that match the same person, we'll start removing people from the database and get really nasty and draconian. I'm hopeful that people will go on the honor system here and destroy or forget one of the two codes.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 07:33 PM   #8
Lightfeather

So the most recent one I received should be the one I keep in my records and I should disregard the other one?

I didn't know. Neither of the emails explained that.

But if that is the case consider it done.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Lightfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 08:00 PM   #9
James

yeah..I got the same question
now I have SIX keycodes....
so which one should I keep?
I'm currently using the fist keycode which displayed right after my order
what about the other five?

should I delete them all or kepp it?

and do I need to send those extra keycode to Service@serenescreen.com to make those keycode invalid?

Last edited by James; 02-25-2002 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:44 PM   #10
HellBound
Registered

;p if all six keycodes work then keepem all just for records.
Hehe
They only sent out new ones to fix the 10% that didn't work but if ur first one worked then ignore the others I guess.
HellBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive