Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
Mage Joe
Registered

Frozen Lionfish

I found an interesting one... my Red Lionfish is frozen in the bubbles about 2/3 way up the stream. All other fish are still swimming properly.

I'm running this on a dual-head system... then in a windows. Panning is on.

72.86 fps (1400x1050x32) #0 Beta2
HAL (sw vp): Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Timing Clamp 0.10 Sleep(10) Window Size 648x507

Anything else you want to know?

Joe
Mage Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Yeah, do you have any idea what led up too this happening, and can you reproduce it?

What OS, video card, driver versions, etc etc. and any programs running in the background?
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Mage Joe
Registered

I honestly didn't do anything special to get it into this state. Started it up as a screensaver "preview". Then "F" to put it into a window and moved it to my right-hand monitor. Just let it run. After maybe 30 minutes I noticed that the Lionfish was staying in the bubbles... then realized his fins weren't moving at all.

I left it running with him frozen in case there was anything else to be gleaned from the current state, so I have no idea if it can be reproduced, or how. My guess is that it was a random condition, but we'll see.

This system is a Lenovo T61 running WinXP Pro sp2. Lots of other stuff running including Outlook 2003, Office Communicator, Windows Messenger, MS ActiveSync, and a couple of Remote Desktop sessions (one of them a dual-head "-span" session to another dual-head system, but running in a window).

Joe
Old 10-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Mage Joe
Registered

Going back and forth between windows and fullscreen-dual-head mode did not shake him loose.

Going into setup -> fish, then back out (without changing anything) DID shake him loose.

I'll let it keep running and see if he gets stuck again.

Joe
Old 10-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

Not a clue on this one.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows