Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Mulletchops
Registered

Windows 7 Beta No Sounds

Hi sorry if this has been addressed but i could not find it anywhere. i do realize windows 7 is a beta Os but if anyone can help me with the sound not working (Bubbles and music) i would be most appreciative. everything else seems to run flawlessly. i have tried running the installation in compatibility mode vista and xp but to no avail.

PS i hope this is addressed as i plan on getting windows 7 which might be released this year.
Mulletchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Is anyone else having a problem with sound on Windows 7?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
Socrates
Sage

This is a shot in the dark, but I wonder if as a test you could try going into sounds properties (control panel, then hardware, then sounds) then go to the first tab, double click on the playback device, then go to advanced and change the playback quality to various settings and see if any of them have an effect.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
enigma63941
Registered

Windows 7 does look interesting, but their taking away the sidebar. I'm using Vista right now and I'm kind of hooked on the sidebar. I like watching the CPU and download speeds. It does seem like Windows really never supported the sidebar. They just depended on freelancers to put out gadgets. Mulletchops, may I ask why your planning on upgrading? Windows 7 doesn't seem to have any major differences and I have a feeling that the Windows money making machine is going to charge on arm and a leg for an OS that doesn't seem to have any major improvements over Vista....right now.
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
rctneil
Registered

The actual sidebar has gone but not the gadgets. The windows gadgets are atill there in all there glory. To add them rightclick on the desktop and choose Gadgets. To view them just hover or click the Peek button lower right of your taskbar. You can also still right align them just as they do in vista or have them anywhere else on your desktop
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
Chiana
Registered

Works Fine On Windows 7 32Bit Builds 7000 & 7068

At Least @ My Work Computer And My Home Computer...
Chiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #7
philosopher
Registered

Windows 7 Sound is Fine

I can confirm a perfectly working aquarium including sound (I tested with bubbles and the included "Canon" ) in the latest Windows 7 beta builds for both 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

By the way (since I saw discussion on it), so far Windows 7 is great. Very fast, solid. A must upgrade from Vista - and I like Vista too. And yes, the sidebar gadgets are still there. In fact the implementation is much better.

Anyone having trouble with sound within Windows 7 is probably just going to have to wait for the official release. The problem is most likely non-compatible drivers...
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #8
Mikey242
Registered

Windows Vista and 7 both have the ability to adjust the volume of programs independently. Perhaps try running MA3 in windowed mode and try adjusting the volume of MA3 from the volume control in the tray (you will need to right-click on icon and select mixer).
Mikey242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #9
Mulletchops
Registered

Originally posted by Socrates:
This is a shot in the dark, but I wonder if as a test you could try going into sounds properties (control panel, then hardware, then sounds) then go to the first tab, double click on the playback device, then go to advanced and change the playback quality to various settings and see if any of them have an effect.  
Thank you very much that did the trick. Now my little girl can enjoy her fishes with the bubbles and the cannon and thanks a bunch to all of you for your prompt reply's i must say i enjoy the fishes myself ,very tranquil.
Mulletchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by rctneil:
The actual sidebar has gone but not the gadgets. The windows gadgets are atill there in all there glory. To add them rightclick on the desktop and choose Gadgets. To view them just hover or click the Peek button lower right of your taskbar. You can also still right align them just as they do in vista or have them anywhere else on your desktop  
Can I have them "always on top" on the right side like Vista?
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
chippy
Registered

Originally posted by enigma63941:
Windows 7 does look interesting, but their taking away the sidebar. I'm using Vista right now and I'm kind of hooked on the sidebar. I like watching the CPU and download speeds.  
Nothing to do with MA 3, but have you tried this one?
http://www.desktopsidebar.com/index.html

Way better then MS. Have used it on Vista and W7 with no problems
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by Mulletchops:
Thank you very much that did the trick. Now my little girl can enjoy her fishes with the bubbles and the cannon and thanks a bunch to all of you for your prompt reply's i must say i enjoy the fishes myself ,very tranquil.  
OK, HEY JIM!!! I have encountered one other program that had this kind of problem but with Vista. When they did the 1.2 patch of Call of Duty World at War it caused the sound to stop working for anyone with Vista who did not have their sound quality setting matching the bitrate of the sounds in the game.

They were able to fix this in 1.3.

That is why I suggested he try this. Hopefully it helps you figure out the problem. My guess is it will happen to a certain segment of the population with just the right settings.

Mulletchops, which playback qualit settings did you use that worked?
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows