Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #461
Rosenfritz
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Could you describe the artifacts?  
Where can I send a picture of the 19" monitor, that wont clog up the forum? Or should I just attach it?
In either case, I get to wait 'till I'm on a break, here at work, before I can do that ......
Rosenfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #462
Jim Sachs
Developer

Can't you just post it in this thread, using "Go Advanced" and "Attach Files"? Or better yet, start a new thread.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #463
cjmaddy
Registered

Rosenfritz,

Is it anything like this?

Video:
Video posted by Doc some time back!

If so, there is some discussion about it here..... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4403

ps. BTW, Don't think that I'd deserted the madhouse completely!. . We've bene quietly celebrating an anniversary, in the Cotswolds.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #464
Rosenfritz
Registered

[quote=cjmaddy;111684]Rosenfritz,

Is it anything like this?

Video:
Video posted by Doc some time back!

If so, there is some discussion about it here..... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4403

Thanks, cjmandy! Yes, the picture is similar. I'll continue with this in that forum. My second monitor has a slightly different pattern to it, though.....
Rosenfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #465
Jim Sachs
Developer

If that's basically what you are seeing, then it's the same issue. It's caused by the background not being painted. The exact pattern depends on whatever random numbers happened to be in those bytes of video RAM at the time. I thought we had squashed this, but apparently not.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #466
PaulsPics
Registered

Embarassed The Music Playlist Maybe a simple misunderstanding

Hi, Anyone
Can anybody tell me if this problem has arisen before and I have over looked a posting regarding it, in all the many postings on the forum. I have looked all over in vain.

On the Music Play list picker I added a lot of my own bits of Music, Ok. They all play well.

In a moment of sorting I Hit the button " Remove" just as Jims original track of "Cannon" was highlighted and sure it WAS removed for good it seems.

Is there any method of reinstating that one track, I am unable to fnd it at all in the uploads that we have received, and am not competant in breaking down a download ito its various componenets, which I am sure would be in breach of the licence anyway.
Is it possible to have a copy of the music media for that track? that could be added to my list of media from which I drew the other tracks.
Maybe I am overlooking the obvious ??
Many thanks if you can help, and if this is something new and not pointed out as yet might be noted for future attention. Maybe some sort of place for removed music for future reinstatement? Its a very nice piece of music.
Many Thanks
Paul
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #467
cjmaddy
Registered

Paul,

If you click on the 'Add' button in the Music Playlist, you should find Jim's original track of 'Cannon', (CanonGuitar.sgt), listed in....

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3\CanonGuitar.sgt

..... Bingo! ..... The return of the Canon! ...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #468
Jim Sachs
Developer

It hadn't really occurred to me that someone would want it back after removing it. If you remove everything else or delete the Playlist, then it would be back, but you'd also lose the rest of the list.

The easiest way is probably to bring the MA3Playlist.lst file into a text editor (like Notepad), and add the line "CanonGuitar.sgt" (no path is necessary). The Playlist can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3. My playlist currently looks like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Music\avemaria.mid
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Music\arabesque.mid
CanonGuitar.sgt
Jim Sachs
Old 03-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #469
Producer-Magic
Registered

Jim, the website has MA3 beta still at $19.99. I thought I saw where you have asked for it to be reduced to $14.99, still true? not that it matters much, I am still on my way to purchase MA3.

Does the activation key work on both the beta and retail client and the final iteration of MA3?.... I would like to start now and go through the changes as it evolves.
Producer-Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #470
Jim Sachs
Developer

MA2.6 was reduced to $14.99 some time ago, then to $9.99 when MA3 came out. No plans to reduce MA3.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #471
Producer-Magic
Registered

Upgrades?

Hi Jim, thank you for the reply. I LOVE this new version! How do we get the hotfixes. patches and other upgrades for 3?
Producer-Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #472
PaulsPics
Registered

Big Grin Music Playlist - .SGT notepad file located & Wish use

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
It hadn't really occurred to me that someone would want it back after removing it. If you remove everything else or delete the Playlist, then it would be back, but you'd also lose the rest of the list.

The easiest way is probably to bring the MA3Playlist.lst file into a text editor (like Notepad), and add the line "CanonGuitar.sgt" (no path is necessary). The Playlist can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3. My playlist currently looks like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Music\avemaria.mid
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Music\arabesque.mid
CanonGuitar.sgt  
Dear Jim,
I never had any success in getting Canon to play as you described BUT only if I deleted the rest of my play list, then it does return and as you had suggested plays Ok.
BIG BUT is that I have other music that also sounds great and as soon as I add those tracks to the playlist Canon is not available and the name also vanishes off the list.
I was not going to hold up all the other valuable work you are doing that we are so looking forward to but do see several posts now with problems of this Music file so thought I should report. I note Cliff states that his machine closes MA3 after 5 minutes of Canon,
I have several lists of music on the play list, one of more than 7 Mbs plays over 8 minuets without any problem and also switches to other MP3 and midi tracks with no problem. but even if I place your notepad SGT file for Canon it does not show up, Since I consider that it was a very good choice of yours in the first place, can you advise where I can find the original file in an ordinary format that I could add to my newly created folder within the Serene Screen location, that I keep as back up and can switch the 'play list' to suite the mood of the day/ evening. I have seen and have other versions of Canon but not of equal quality to the Guitar one you used. Yes I realize that the .SGT file reduces the size of the file being played but my Win XP seems to handle the loads pretty well without a problem. so if you or someone on the forum has the CANON file in MP3 or in Midi I would love to get hold of it with many thanks. I also thought that this post may help others and the Danger of removing the original Canon off the playlist.
I had a horrible feeling when I read your reply that somehow you could read my computer as the music you showed on your Play list was Avemaria.mid and again Arabesque.mid a couple of my other favorite files. We must have the same choices !!!
The long 8.15 min MPEG track that does work well even at 7.61 Mbs is some ambient music-- " UT_2006_Comp_Compile_edit_128k " but I do not know where I originally got it from.
Regards Sorry for my long posts I must be getting old and longwinded !!
pAUL Sydney Australia Windows XP Pentium 3.2 gig NIVIDIA GForce 6150 SE
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #473
cjmaddy
Registered

Paul,
It might be worth you trying the following.....
Right-click on the MA3 desktop icon, (or the Marine Aquarium 3 program in the Start list), then click on 'Configure' and then 'Music Playlist'
You will hopefully then have a version of CanonGuitar.sgt back in the list.
If not, - here is a MP3 version... www.cjmaddy.co.uk/forum/CanonGuitar.mp3 - (This is a large file, so I will not leave up for a long period)
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #474
PaulsPics
Registered

Smile Many thanks Cliff, downloaded. all's well & running

Thanks Cliff, I may not be helping much to 'fix' any 'bugs' in Jim's forum, and possibly I may be straying from Jim's intentions to keep the SS 3 program at a minimum in Mbs size.
But I think I should at least report that this does work well.
I have opened a new folder within my Serene screen original folder in the program files
called it " Music for MA 3 " and placed all the suitable bits of music that I have accumulated over the years Plus the Canon file you so kindly supplied.
Now I can return to the SS and start the program and in the Music Picker 'add ' the tracks I feel like for the day. In similar vein, I can 'remove ' unwanted tracks without actually losing them, as they are safe in the holding file and easily to find and 'add' when in the mood. Although this must make the program rather bulky in totality, it is now manageable and most enjoyable.
I also report that your file played right through and then switched to the next track without a glitch and vice versa.
I do hope your own problem of closing down after playing 5 minutes is now solved. 'fraid I am not competent to help at all.
I have within the last 20 years gone to our famous Barrier Reef and one day gone to the extent of being allowed to use a Scuba dive down to the sandy floor between coral heads, plenty of fish but no music !! this program is the closest I have seen since, pure magic.
So, - Many, many Thanks to Jim.
Regards Paul
Old 11-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #475
nogard0
Registered

ma3 key: what about those of us that have the ma2.6 cd

quote: "From now on, anyone purchasing MA2.6 at SereneScreen.com will also get a permanent MA3 Key. For those who bought MA2.6 recently, there will be a grace period, which we are still working out."

what about those of us that have the ma2.6 cd ... are we out of luck to get a ma3 key? i do not want to spend more $$ just to get a key for something that already has a key. and i just got ma2.6 friday.
====
p.s.
unless it has been mentioned before the about screen ma3 has a typo on ctrl-r ... reset to defaut (default typo).

p.p.s.
also will ma2.6 be updated? the ctrl functions do not work for 98se amd xp because ctrl ends saver.

doug
qa engineer / tester worldwide.
nogard0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #476
feldon34
Forum Administrator

MA3.0 has a totally new 3D background. You are welcome to run MA2.6 for as long as you wish. If you bought MA2.6 online, then the upgrade to 3.0 was free.

MA2.6 is, I believe, end-of-life as far as development.

To resolve the problem you are having with the Ctrl key, turn off "Exit on Mouse Move".
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #477
CANDYMAN
Registered

I am trying to run the latest 3.0 beta and have a problem. I run three 22" monitors for my desktop off two GTS 260 video cards. I'm running win7 64 bit. when I start the beta the opening screen just flashes on and off on the center and left most monitors while the right one stays blank.
I have read on here of people running the beta on multiple monitors and on 64 bit os's so I assume it should work but I'm not sure what to try. Any ideas?

Also, 2.6 works fine except I can't get it to stretch across the three monitors, it only shows up on the main center monitor. Can it even be stretched across all three?

thanks.
CANDYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #478
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by CANDYMAN:
I am trying to run the latest 3.0 beta and have a problem. I run three 22" monitors for my desktop off two GTS 260 video cards. I'm running win7 64 bit. when I start the beta the opening screen just flashes on and off on the center and left most monitors while the right one stays blank.
I have read on here of people running the beta on multiple monitors and on 64 bit os's so I assume it should work but I'm not sure what to try. Any ideas?

Also, 2.6 works fine except I can't get it to stretch across the three monitors, it only shows up on the main center monitor. Can it even be stretched across all three?

thanks.  
Anything like this thread?

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=5020
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #479
CANDYMAN
Registered

Originally posted by Dale:
Yep, sounds like the people in that thread are having the same basic issue I'm having. I found that if I go to windowed mode it starts working and then I can go back to full but it just clones the aquarium on all three displays rather than spanning them all. From the looks of it no real solution has been found yet?
I hope this issue will be resolved soon because I love 3.0, it looks much better than 2.6 and that's saying a lot because 2.6 looked amazing.
CANDYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:03 AM   #480
cjmaddy
Registered

I don't think there is a problem here that needs resolving by either Jim or MA3....
I'm running 2560x1024 across two 5x4 monitors, (@1280x1024 each). - The largest window that does not pan is approx 2560x800.
I think the solution, (if there is one), is either with your video card settings, or with Windows 7.
Why would you want to "stretch" MA2.6 across three monitors? - MA2.6 is designed to show the same image on all screens, its image is not intended to cover more than one monitor, in the way that MA3 can.

Last edited by cjmaddy; 12-05-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows