Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-25-2002, 06:33 PM   #21
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Finaly spent the time required to check out the starfish trick of climbing the glass. Kind of hard not peeking. Are there any other "tricks"?
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 11:42 PM   #22
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

That one wasn't created so much for the trick effect as it was to solve a problem Jim had with the transition of the slight bottom shadow that the starfish has when it transfers from the sand to the front glass. He has mentioned that he likes "easter eggs" though. So I wouldn't be supprised to see some in the future.
Jav400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:18 AM   #23
Socrates
Sage

Re: Re: Star Fish

Originally posted by Gerty

No, Socrates, please tell me about his little trick!! Is it the one of him crawling up on the glass????

I am fairly new to this and haven't really had a lot of time to do some messing around with the settings and stuff. So I'm open for any comments/suggestions.

Thanks.
Gerty
Yes that's it. Since it was the first time you saw him move I figure you haven't seen him on the glass yet. The trick is getting him to do it on command.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 03:32 AM   #24
Jim Sachs
Developer

Tiny Turtle -

Thanks for the photo. That dot does not show up on any of my systems, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix now that I've seen where it is.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 04:41 AM   #25
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Anytime.

I've looked closer at the dot and I can tell you that "live" it looks like it's two pixels wide, but I don't seem to be able to capture it on a snapshot. Right now I'm thinking that the two white pixels show up every other frame. (Dang! This was suprisingly hard to explain in english!) Will post an image if I ever succeed though

/Calle
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 03:33 AM   #26
Shinsa
Registered

Tiny Turtle...

Can you see the white dot in window mode? If so, you could catch it easy by clicking the mouse on the top of the window, causing the SS to freeze, THEN capture with PRNT SCRN key. Maybe this way you can catch it on the right frame.

I still never see a white dot.
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Old 01-27-2002, 05:11 AM   #27
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

OK, will give it a try
Old 01-27-2002, 05:25 AM   #28
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I haven't seen that one either, but I am still looking. Oh, and by the way, you have some great pastries over there Tiny, can I get a care package sent over here. Its been awhile since I have been there.

Not sure about the spelling, but I always liked Simla.

Last edited by Jav400; 01-27-2002 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:48 PM   #29
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

No kidding? You like semlor? (one semla - two semlor) When were you over here? The season for those is coming up soon. Guess I'll have to dig up a recepie and put it up next to Morgan's Texan Chili...

/Calle
Old 01-27-2002, 08:06 PM   #30
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Its been quite a few years since I have been there. A friend of mine's grandmother was pure Swedish. So one year he wanted to go visit and I wanted to go travel for awhile, so we went. I spent weeks wondering all over Europe, and spent 2 weeks in Stockholm, with some friends of his family.

I tried the food thing here when I got back, but it never works right or tastes the same as it did there. I guess the goegraphical differences just won't let things grow exactly the same so you can end up with the same tastes no matter what you do. After awhile, I gave up on being able to get things to taste the same and just consoled myself with the memories, and plans for another visit.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:27 AM   #31
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

You're welcome anytime you'd like!
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive