Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-22-2003, 02:45 PM   #61
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Feedback

Thanks Rick. Well, we enjoy community, Sachs and I (and most of our team as well) were all Amiga people. This might not mean anything to you.

But it is sort of like saying we are all Shelby owners (maker of the Mustang). The Amiga was not a computer, it was a community. It spawned greate ideas, and great people to do great things. Take the best of what is on Mac and PC, and we had it first on the Amiga a decade before.

There is a brutal honesty to the community, which even though it might be abrasive for some (at first) it is appreciated, since you always know where you stand. Sachs is never shy with his opinion, and as you might notice, nor am I (all though he has all the tact). We want to hear it all. Democracy can either be majority rules (mediocrity ensues), or a brain storming pool. I prefer the pooling of great ideas.

P.S. Ixnay, welcome to the “Lurch club.”
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.

Last edited by Reichart; 03-24-2003 at 12:15 PM.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #62
top_Cat
Registered

FANTASTIC!!!
Even with such a small screen shot (hint, hint for a larger one?), it looks totally fantastic. I was not sure we would ever see a full 3D aquarium look that good!

Any idea of when the first release will be, I really want to get testing this out

Thanks

Top Cat
top_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 08:42 PM   #63
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

I love your Photo. I wish everyone would use their real photo, or their favorite photo.
Sure, it was no problem. I don't mind posting my picture at all. As for my favorite avatar, well the manta ray is probably the one I've used the longest and I really like it, but if people want to see who they're talking to versus a picture of a fish or something else, then I'm all for it.

In regards to baldness, yeah I got the short end of the stick in the hair department these days, but I also military cut what I do have. Truth be it told, I USED to actually look like that kid on American Idol with the really curly hair (no joke) before my hair took a hike. I'm Portuguese, so it wasn't an easy transition to make going from tons of curly hair to where I am today, but some how I managed. lol

“HOW can you dare to provide some "elite"-users at the feldoncentralforum with their keycodes already NOW and on the other hand all the others, who - thank god - don't post everyday stupid questions there when the next version will arrive etc, ... this other CUSTOMERS, which paid exactly the same amount of money at the same time (beta version!) have to wait some more days??”
You know something, it's a real shame. These arrogant lurkers complain too often about us being here and what we do. As a group we discuss something of mutual interest, share information, and make friends while we're at it. Personally, I see nothing wrong or negative about that what so ever. If anything, I feel like I've expanded my knowledge and not just about fish, but about a great number of things and I can attribute that to my friends here on the forum. Yes, some of us do like to chit chat on the forum or in the chat room, but that doesn't mean (and this seems to be a common complaint from these lurkers) that we post because we feel we MUST be heard. We do so because we enjoy the topic, is that so difficult a concept to grasp? If our level of discussion is not to your liking or not of your mental caliber and that upsets you, then I suggest you remove the forum's URL from your Favorites and move on. Otherwise, please come join us and feel free to add your comments to our discussions, as far as I'm concerned EVERYONE has something to offer here.

P.S.
This does not apply to ALL lurkers, just those that complain about everything and do not participate. Otherwise, there's no problem with lurking if it suites your needs. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't out to get all lurkers.
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...

Last edited by Digital Lungfish; 03-24-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 08:52 PM   #64
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Well, we enjoy community, Sachs and I (and most of our team as well) were all Amiga people. This might not mean anything to you.
Well said Reichart, well said. I'm also from that generation of Amigas, and for me even prior to that, the Ataris. So I totally understand where you're coming from when you say "community".

Now, on to why we're all here. Reichart, can you tell us if this picture was taken from the actual Goldfish Aquarium? Is this a picture of one of the fish from the beta version? If so, that's a very impressive model and looks so real.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tile-goldfish.jpg (12.6 KB, 432 views)
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com

Last edited by Digital Lungfish; 03-24-2003 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:08 AM   #65
cjmaddy
Registered

Well said Steve! - (two posts up) - Here here!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 07:15 AM   #66
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Digital Lungfish
Now, on to why we're all here. Reichart, can you tell us if this picture was taken from the actual Goldfish Aquarium? Is this a picture of one of the fish from the beta version? If so, that's a very impressive model and looks so real.
I guess I need to put a disclaimer in 6 point type. "Snapshots above not representative of any real product, living or dead".

The only thing real up there is FlagPride, and you can't have 2 flags simultaneously like that. Oh, and the Apple one. You don't know how hard it was to get that Wimplefish Long-finned Bannerfish to fit inside an Apple..
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #67
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

I guess I need to put a disclaimer in 6 point type. "Snapshots above not representative of any real product, living or dead".
Soooo, are you trying to tell us that the image I posted of the Goldfish above is of a REAL Goldfish? Hey, I said it looked real, but it doesn't look 100% real. Are you trying to pull the wool over our eyes, Morgan? Come on, fess up, you know it's from the beta version!
Steve
Old 03-24-2003, 12:00 PM   #68
FrogMastr
Agalychnis callidryas

Real or not ... start a poll ;) :)

If your are not kidding us.... this is the most imressive 3d images of a fish i've seen for now....!!!!
----
FrogMastr
FrogMastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 12:05 PM   #69
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Tis a real fish. The Goldfish Wishlist is coming along quite nicely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (22.4 KB, 372 views)
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-24-2003, 12:19 PM   #70
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Ahhhhh, ok, now I can see it's a real fish. Something about the image being resized which made it look not quite 100% real. There's no mistaking this image for something simulated though.
Steve
Old 03-24-2003, 12:22 PM   #71
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Closer view

Morg, again I strongly suggest making that icon look more like a cartoon...however, here is a closer view of one of the three fish we are first releasing:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stickleback.jpg (52.8 KB, 886 views)
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 12:37 PM   #72
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Wow ................ That looks great .
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:01 PM   #73
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Very nice indeed! Wow, can't say enough good stuff about the quality of that model. So far we know we have a Black Moore, now I can't wait to see the others.
Steve
Old 03-24-2003, 01:16 PM   #74
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The fins of doom! What'd I tell ya?
Old 03-24-2003, 01:26 PM   #75
Liath
Still here in spirit

Stunning....really looking forward to it! Thanks for the pic.
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #76
grape_jellyfish
Registered

The fins are very pretty, I love goldfish.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:39 PM   #77
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

And thats a still shot, wait till you see it swim.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #78
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I can't wait to see it swim either. Maybe Michael's seen something I haven't? hehe
Old 03-24-2003, 02:08 PM   #79
Derrek
Registered

what a teaser, looks great, can't wait to see the final product.

On another note, has there been any conclusion on pricing for the GA?
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:35 PM   #80
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Closer view

Originally posted by Reichart
Morg, again I strongly suggest making that icon look more like a cartoon...
I've got a better idea.

https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows