Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
ubernoob
Registered

Jim, I've known you all my life...!

Well who'd have thought it? I've been looking at bits of your work ever since I was a kid at school and I never knew it!

The Amiga (all bow) was my life, and Deluxe Paint was the very tool that that started my career as a Graphic Designer. I also own my own computer service centres today as a result of my early contact with computers (Amigas), spiking an interest in a young mind.

All this time I've seen your work too, so in a long winded way you were a tiny part of the whole thing that made me as interested as I am to this day in computers and electronic graphic design.

I caused a stir in the High School Art Dept. when I wanted to compose a large part of my Examination portfolio on, gasp, "A COMPUTER!". Not only that but it wasn't a BBC/Acorn/Archimedes system. Anyway, I only went and did it, and to good review too. Hell they even moved computers into the department as a valid medium.

(Next you'll be telling me you were a dab-hand at OctaMed, the tool that led me to have my own music studio at home and launched another creative branch of my imagination)

So yeah, didn't know that about you until a random Google this morning and a page showed much recognisable artwork from my Amiga days.

Thanks!
ubernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Any time!

The Amiga led to some strange and amazing contacts for me, too. The spectrum ran the gamut from Timothy Leary to Francis Crick.

The only problem with Googling me is that half the stuff it comes up with relates to the Other Jim Sachs. Yes, I did a lot of work on the C-64 and Amiga, but the other guy created the Mac mouse and e-Books. Sadly, he died a couple of years ago.

By the way, using my name as an example really points the flaws in the new Cuil utility. A Cuil search mixes pictures which were done by me into articles about the other Jim Sachs.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Marian Nichols
~Author~

We all have a double they say, one way or another,
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive