Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 04-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
jangell2
Registered

Cool Goldfish Demo Flashes on Screen?

I have a registered version of Marine Aquarium and it works fine. I am trying out the Goldfish, which I just downloaded. Some of the tanks (but not all) produce flashing on the screen. The problem tanks are Zenbowl, Desktop Toy, and Pond (flashing is infrequent).

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ cpu running WinXP Pro, DirectX 9.0c, and a Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra video board.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this. I love this screensaver. If I can clear this up, I will be buying it.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Weird.
Just a stab in the dark, but have you tried uninstalling it and then do a reinstall?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
jangell2
Registered

I haven't reinstalled it, but I've let it run as the default screensaver and it doesn't flash. Of course, it stays mostly dark in the unregistered mode.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 AM   #4
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Originally posted by jangell2:
I haven't reinstalled it, but I've let it run as the default screensaver and it doesn't flash. Of course, it stays mostly dark in the unregistered mode.  
I am not sure I understand the problem so I will be asking a few questions.

When is it flashing?
As a default screensaver, it isn't flashing?
Are you also saying that if it is not in the screensaver mode, it doesn't get dark?

What is your video card and operating system?

Try to set the Vsync to Clamped by hitting the S key so you can see some status at the top of the screeen. Then hit Ctrl-V until is says VSync: Clamped.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
jangell2
Registered

My video card and OP are in my first post. The flashing was occuring in preview mode, something I didn't make clear in my first post. When in preview mode you get one fish and the lights are on. However, when Goldfish is used as the default screen saver, the lights are off, because this is an unregistered copy.

The flashing has stopped in preview mode and it never did it in screen saver mode. I've made no changes to the screen saver, other than to select various tanks to try them out.

The flashing consisted of a horizontal streak or breakup of the image, it was quick, so I called it a flash.

I'll be gone for most of the day. I'll try it out this evening and if the flashing is still gone, I'm buying.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #6
jangell2
Registered

I've purchased and unlocked the Goldfish and its running fine, no flashing.

There is one unusual problem and I'm not sure what is causing it. I've had my monitor go bonkers, the screen filled with orangish/brownish lines. Powering of the monitor didn't fix it, had to do a cold reboot.

Than later in the day, the computer locked up while the screen saver was running. Again, another cold reboot.

I had been running both Marine Aquarium and the Goldfish using Carousel. Since the lockup, I've just selected the Goldfish and stopped using Carousel. If no lockup for a day or so, I'll try Carousel again to see if the problem reoccurs. Obviously, I'm not sure what the problem is.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows