Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium
Notices

Old 10-18-2002, 03:29 PM   #21
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
At least we got Fish Picker update reaularly in the past few months. besides, no matter what happen, I still love this forum, I check it everyday.

I just hope I can hear some surprises b4 Xmas
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 04:15 PM   #22
EVERRET
Leopard Shark

10 Highscores

UPDATES

I like to drop by this site a few times a week myself hoping for the good news of a new fish for the existing saltwater aquarium or the new freshwater screensaver. I think Feldon's idea of making a few new fish for this aquarium would go a long way to keep interest going for this aquarium and the new aquarium. It might also help cure the writer's block for Jim by giving him a break from the freshwater project. It sounds like you have your hands full right now with your house right now Jim, so get that done and the rest will come easily. Last month I tried out that FISHPICKER program by mountainmaster which allows you to drag and drop the fish into place with photo's of each fish, be sure to try that out if you havn't already. (the kids love it) Plus it is constantly being updated weekly. If we could get a monthly first or last day of the month update from Jim (good or bad) that would be fine with me. I see good things to come, so I will keep checking in every couple of day's.
EVERRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 04:25 PM   #23
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Same here . I check back everyday , about 5 or 6 times . I love reading everything in here . I just don't post every time I'm here .
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:53 PM   #24
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Well, I've been here since the beginning, so I might as well chime in too.

I also check the forum daily for any updates, be they from fellow members, Morgan, or Jim. But I have to concur with the rest of you, we're starving, and that's the cold hard truth.

While I do understand how an artists block can be extremely frustrating for the creator of the software, the fans are suffering too. If you're stuck in one area of what you're working on, put it on hold and take some time to fall back on what has always worked. In other words, toss us a bone Jim, 1-2 new fish would do wonders for our patience. Heck, I still think pics of your working evironment (or screen shots of what you're working on) would be a nice new addition to the forum, something fresh and different. Although I'm sure you have your own reasons for not doing it (fear of competitors seeing what you're working on, etc.).

I'm in full panic mode trying to get a roof on my house before the rain hits. Had a rain scare yesterday, but it stopped after a half-hour. A lot of wet wood and equipment, but no real damage.
I hope none of the equipment is PC equipment that you're using to make the aquarium!

Anyway, good luck getting past the artists block Jim, keep the faith, and keep your fans interested and we'll support you until the end....
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...

Last edited by Digital Lungfish; 10-19-2002 at 12:07 AM.
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:05 PM   #25
tracey
Registered

hi jim, hope your house work goes alright and that you get a roof over your head pretty soon
do you think in the future you would bring one out with maybe some sharks and crocs and stuff? that would be pretty cool, maybe even whales...
does anyone have a rough idea when fresh water is comming out? what's this goldfish screensaver i keep hearing about, is it any good?
I dont know what to have as a signiture so ill just go on with sweet nothings....
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 08:06 PM   #26
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Tracey - I have the basic roof structure up now and a team of roofers is coming in this week.

The ideas you mention might make good products, but I won't personally be doing them. I know that Prolific has plans for some of these, and I will do what I can to help them out, but they won't be my products (SereneScreen).
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Future: Freshwater Aquarium