Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-10-2003, 10:18 PM   #21
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Perhaps my registry is messed up but..
2 versions ago the checkmarks would work "opposite" of what I thought was normal. I.E. checking no plants would show plants and un checking would not show plants.
Then 1 versions ago check marks in the tank set up area (now called Tank Configuration) would do nothing.
And.. in this version 1.02 the same thing.
I can run through the various tanks by "]" and if I select "cycle tanks" that works. Which ever tank is left on when the GA is shut of becomes the default starting tank the next time from either condition above.
But. with a full tank (Lush Planting) I can have all the check marks off or on (in tank configuration) and the GA will allways start the same way.

I am making the assumption that from the settings dialog > Tank Configuration a change in the selection will be reflected as soon as one hits enter and the GA re starts... Perhaps I am wrong.... It seems this problem (as I see it) is not common to the other forum users.
Ralph
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:35 PM   #22
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

So, you are seeing a problems others here (and myself) are not seeing?

I'm trying to lock this down.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:46 PM   #23
klyntun

Bye bye Beta, bye bye...
Old 10-11-2003, 07:00 AM   #24
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Reichart
So, you are seeing a problems others here (and myself) are not seeing?

I'm trying to lock this down.
It looks like that could be the problem. Here is an image of what I think should bring up the GA in a large clear tank. Alas....... it does not

Like I mentioned before I can cycle the tanks with "]" and the cycle selected tanks work. And, the last used tank format becomes the default for the next instance if I shut down.
Two things I suspect may be the cause of the problem.
My registry entries are screwed up. Since the start of the betas I have just installed one over the last. Or... because I use Autocad I can not make a shortcut to the *.scr file and place it on my desktop. So I change the format to *.exe, then I can make a shortcut and run the GA on demand.
I just checked to see if the GA runs any differently when set as the default from Windows (I.E. will start the *.scr file) and it does not. So my Autocad *.exe solution does not seem to make a difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg settings001.jpg (10.6 KB, 805 views)
Old 10-11-2003, 10:13 AM   #25
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by Ralph
It looks like that could be the problem. Here is an image of what I think should bring up the GA in a large clear tank. Alas....... it does not

I get the same result.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:36 AM   #26
cjmaddy
Registered

It appears to me, that it isn't the ticked box that determines which tank is brought up, but the highlighted name. I think the ticked boxes only refer to those tanks in the cycling routine.

I agree that some clear indication of 'what does what' is needed!

Or to put it another way, - the documentation leaves something to be desired.
.... we are planning to build a pretty smart Help file online very soon. Which in my opinion is where ALL manuals and help files should be for all products (software, hardware, and services).
In my opinion, we should not have to go online to get operating instructions!

Last edited by cjmaddy; 10-11-2003 at 11:43 AM.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: Here is an image of what I think should bring up the GA in a large clear tank.
A: Cool, that helped. Recapped:

If one de/selects one of the tanks (by un/checking it), the tank cycle line-up should be flushed on exit of the settings dialogue, and start with the first selected tank offered.

This would fix almost every issue. However, if one was currently looking at…lets say “Lush Plants” and then unchecked “Medium Planting,” then exited, there would be no apparently change. One would still see “Lush Plants.”

However, if everything was selected, and one unchecked “Lush Plants” then when one exited, then “Medium Planting” would come up.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:32 PM   #28
cjmaddy
Registered

In my system, as shown in Ralph's attached image, it is the tank name highlighted that comes up, not the tank selected by a tick in the checkbox, - even when 'Cycle Selected Tanks' is checked.
Once the first cycle change has taken place, only then does it start at the first tank selected for cycling.
But if 'Cycle Selected Tanks' is UNchecked, then the only way to get a tank to come up, is by highlighting the tank name, not by ticking the check box.

The confusion is in the definition of 'Selected' ! ...... ticking a check box, or highlighting a name?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:41 PM   #29
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Reichart
However, if everything was selected, and one unchecked “Lush Plants” then when one exited, then “Medium Planting” would come up.
Not quite.... on my system. But CJMADDY has found solution.
The check marks do "nothing" it is the highlighted selection that brings up that selection.

Reicharts solution only works... in my case.. because unselecting also leaves that selection active (highlighted) but if I make an effort to unselect that selection by clicking someplace else then it no longer works and defaults to the last used.
Problem resolved.... but will need extensive instructions. If this, then that, but only when condition "A" exists or the moon is in the quadrant of Capricorn..
Old 10-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #30
klyntun

...It is the dawning of the Age of Aquariums...
Old 10-11-2003, 08:07 PM   #31
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

They just think they know that I know they know that I know.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:36 PM   #32
sunny
Registered

Originally posted by cjmaddy
In my system, as shown in Ralph's attached image, it is the tank name highlighted that comes up, not the tank selected by a tick in the checkbox, - even when 'Cycle Selected Tanks' is checked.
Once the first cycle change has taken place, only then does it start at the first tank selected for cycling.
But if 'Cycle Selected Tanks' is UNchecked, then the only way to get a tank to come up, is by highlighting the tank name, not by ticking the check box.

The confusion is in the definition of 'Selected' ! ...... ticking a check box, or highlighting a name?
that's what happening on my system.
and cjmaddy solution works on my configuration.
and one more thing is:
cycle tanks checkbox should grayed out when only one tank is selected.
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:50 PM   #33
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: The confusion is in the definition of 'Selected' ! ...... ticking a check box, or highlighting a name?

A: Perhaps. This is a murky area of UI.

But we are going to play with this, and work up something that makes it more intuitive. That way people don’t need any help.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:27 AM   #34
Pedey
Registered

Cool

Is there any way we will be able to feed the fishies??

I think feeding is one of the great things about having fish so it should be a must really!
Pedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:53 AM   #35
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Yes...
Old 10-17-2003, 12:43 AM   #36
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Pedey,
Just to be clear: What Reichart means is that it is an upcoming feature – you can't do it in the current version.

/Tiny Clarification
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:47 AM   #37
Pedey
Registered

Embarassed

cool! fish food!! "I'm gonna feed ya to the fishies!!"
Pedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:10 AM   #38
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey Reichart and Prolific, are there some news you can satisfiy us with???
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 02:23 PM   #39
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Holidays tend to be a slow time for us, we push everyone to spend time with their families, but:

Sharks is very very close. Working on one last annoying bug.
MAL: A new version of MA that allows people to make their own logos is being worked on.
GA: New fish, and new background is being worked on. Don’t have a date. But I would guess end of Jan.

A few other things will come before then, like the multi-monitor stuff. We had to jump off Screen Savers because of some firefighting we were asked to help on for several other companies.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:41 PM   #40
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Marine Aquarium Logo now has its own topic.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows