Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #21
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Damn , How did I do that . Can you PLEASE ........... get rid of my double post ? Sorry
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:34 AM   #22
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

No problem, all taken care of.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:36 AM   #23
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Thanks buddy .
Old 06-24-2004, 09:42 AM   #24
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Originally posted by Jav400
Ed is a busy guy, it takes 2 monitors to get everything done.
Either that or I'm just lazy that I don't want all those windows on one monitor . When I surf or read my mail I have to have it full screen .
Old 06-24-2004, 09:49 AM   #25
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Your setup is probably more functional than mine, I have windows everywhere.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:51 AM   #26
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Well it works for me . And as long as it works for you that's all that counts right ?
Old 06-24-2004, 12:15 PM   #27
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

There are different ways to get multimonitors.
1. Use a video card that has more than one VGA-video output.
2. Get one or more card that uses different slot, one is agp and the others are pci.
3. Use a video card that has output to TV and VGA-video, but I never tested the output to TV. The TV will be the second monitor.

The program currently support only clone mode and not span mode unless the video card is able to fool the program that both monitors are used by one card. Future render engine will support span mode and the UI will be a mess.

There is a trick that I mentioned above running the screensaver manually in window mode and stretching the window to cover the other monitors.

If I forget other configurations, feel free to correct me or add to what I listed here.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:33 PM   #28
Mage Joe
Registered

This is probably not USEFUL information for anyone but it might be interesting...

I have a Matrox G450 dual head card here at work. With the OLD drivers, the two monitors appeared as a single 2048x768 screen to windows and all programs. MA2wide would span these two monitors as one might hope...but MA2 ran like a crippled slug.

[Oh, by the way, the early beta MA1.1wide worked wonderfully on this configuration, spread across both screens.]

I recently loaded the newest drivers for the G450. Ostensibly this update supports setting different resolutions for each monitor, but it has the side affect that once configured that way (even though both monitors are set the same resolution), WinXP now allows you to "extend desktop across second monitor". For most applications this is MUCH better behaved than the single large virtual screen of the older drivers. As for MA2 -- the good news is that it now runs at a good framerate; the bad news is that it now clones MA2 on each screen as described in this thread. So it's not QUITE as cut-and-dry regarding how it'll behave as it might seem from this thread...it obviously also depends upon the board(s) and the drivers used.

Now at home I have a dual head set-up using an ATI AIW 8500 and an nVidia GeForce 4400ti PCI. This works like I described the G450 with the newest drivers, but MUCH better performance.

[And yes, as someone mentioned, once you've tasted dual-head you'll never again be satisfied with a single monitor.]

Joe
Mage Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 05:38 AM   #29
wineandine
Registered

I would like to thank all the contributors for the valuable information from my original post. You all have been very helpful.

Thanks!
wineandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive