Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 07-19-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
philosopher
Registered

Background Shadows

Jim,

I just wanted to say that the screen saver is great!

I saw a previous forum post of yours that explained why the background shadows in the MD widescreen version extended above the coral. And I understand from that post (I think you said something along the lines of: "It's not an exact science") that it can be tricky to resize the shadows.

I am using the screen saver on a 17" widescreen monitor for my ibm compatible machine and it looks great. I do notice the shadows though. Especially when the wide screen version on my 17" mac doesn't have the shadows extended.

Will this be something that gets addressed in a newer version?

And, to let you know. The fact that you have given me so many free upgrades and the absolute artistry of your program more than make up for this little glitch. Even if it's never fixed I'll still be running it.

Thanks for such a great program!
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:44 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

The lightplay on the coral is currently made of 3D objects which try to cover 2D images of coral in the background (press 'w' to see the lightplay object meshes). The next major update (still a long way off) will do away with the 2D background. When all the rocks and coral are 3D objects, it will be easier to project lightplay from above onto the meshes which form the objects.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:53 PM   #3
philosopher
Registered

Thanks!

Jim,

Thank you for providing a more detailed explanation.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to get all these little details just right.

I can hardly wait for the 3d background!
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive