Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
SharkDude
Registered

MA3.2 Crystal Logo is all black

Has anyone else had this problem (and maybe a solution)?

Have a MacBook Pro running 10.8.3. When I run MA 3.2 the logo in the crystal is all black. This is happening both with the built-in logo and a custom png file I tried (it does appear correctly in the preview screen).

I have tried this on a friends exact same MacBook and it displays fine.

I have tried deleting the plist file and all MA files and reinstalling, but same problem

My graphics card is
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384MB (and so is the other machine that it is displaying correctly on)
SharkDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Do both machines have the same video card drivers? This was a problem for me with an Asus notebook (~6 years ago) that was corrected with a new set of drivers.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
SharkDude
Registered

This is a Mac, so there are no 3rd party video drivers to apply. Both computers are running the same version of the OS so they should be using the same drivers
Old 06-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
SharkDude
Registered

This is on a Mac and the drivers are part of the OS. Both computers are running the same version of the OS.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Intel GPU Bug fix coming

I'm sorry this took so long.

There have been a few problems caused by the new Intel integrated GPUs which I have fixed.

One of them is the problem where the logo is black.

Another is a problem where the fish go 80% transparent randomly.

The fix has required a lot of work to change the drawing model from "legacy" to "core", and it means that the new build will only run on Lion and above, so there won't be any updates for those people running on Snow Leopard and before.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Fixes for the newer GPUs which don't support legacy OpenGL properly will go into version 3.3. This makes a convenient place to break support for Snow Leopard. There will be new features in 3.3 as well.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
jgbackes
Registered

Long time users...

Originally posted by JimO'Connor:
Fixes for the newer GPUs which don't support legacy OpenGL properly will go into version 3.3. This makes a convenient place to break support for Snow Leopard. There will be new features in 3.3 as well.  
When can we expect the next update 3.3?

jeff
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

Jim O'Connor is waiting for me to fix a bug in the new featherduster corals in v3.3 before he can move ahead with the Mac translation. It's an extremely frustrating bug which only happens on a few machines. Since I don't have one of those machines, I have to do many trial-and-error experiments and send them to Michael (JAV400), who does have one. This is a very time-consuming and discouraging process.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X