Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
nytiger73
Registered

MA3 not showing up in screen saver selection

I downloaded the MA3 beta installer and installed it. The first time I installed it, I did not set it as my default screen saver. I just left it in my Start menu so I could run it at my leisure. When I went to set it as my default screen saver it was nowhere to be found. So I went to the start menu, right clicked on the file and chose Install. This put the aquarium in the screen saver panel.

The next day, I leave my computer idle and I get no screen saver. I check my screen saver panel and no MA3 and my default screen saver was set to "None". So I re-installed, this time allowing MA3 to be my default screen saver. The next day, the screen saver doesn't kick in and I check once again and no MA3, and the default screen saver is set to "None".

I seem to remember a similar issue with one of the versions of MA2, where a space in a registry setting had to be removed in order to get it to stick in the Control Panel.

Is this a bug with the installer or is this some other issue?

Thanks in advance.
nytiger73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
nytiger73
Registered

I guess I should have looked a couple of threads down. There is a topic that addresses this very issue. I have Vista 64.

Hopefully you find a way to address this in the final version as I would really like to buy this aquarium when it comes out.

Thanks.
nytiger73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Aquarium *IS* out. Buy it whenever you like.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Everyone else using Vista 64 has been successful by right-clicking the MA3 file, and choosing "Install". I'm not sure why it wouldn't "stick" with your system, maybe it's some sort of permission thing.

The problem with spaces in the filename was a Win98 issue win. But it couldn't hurt to try removing the spaces.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
cohiba420
Registered

Smile

not sure if this helps.. but i noticed that when I had that issue (im on XP Pro) it was resolved by right clicking the MA icon, choosing 'properties' and then choose 'unblock'. THEN install and it should work. Sometimes cleaning up the registry helps too. I use Advance System Care 3 (free) and its great for that.
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows