Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-03-2001, 10:17 AM   #1
djglass
Registered

Smile ** White Fish on Windows XP/DirectX 8 **

I too had problems with the screen whiting out in places. However I believe my problem was with my video card. I have a Fage Fury Pro32mb AGP running at the full 4x speed. With the default drivers supplied by Microsoft everything was fine. I went to ATI's website downloaded the new software designed by them for XP and I had problems. So I rolled back to the old Microsoft supplied drivers. Recently on the Windows Update Microsoft suppled a new set of drivers that were seemingly identical to those on ATI's website, but ths time everything works. I don't know if DX is entirely the case. Everyone should check their video card manufactuter for an update of the display drivers under XP.

My concern is that I am using XP RC1. I don't know if this is the same as the retail version that has come out. I am waiting on a friend to get me teh full version from teh Microsoft (at Microsoft)employee store just down the road from my house.
"What else should I be, All Apologies."

Last edited by feldon34; 11-03-2001 at 10:35 AM.
djglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 10:33 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Big Grin Windows XP and DirectX 8.1

Windows XP, DirectX 8.1, and the included drivers for most video cards, combined with motherboards containing VIA chipsets, all mesh together to cause white fish on an alarming number of systems.

The solution started on October 28th, when any Windows XP system with a VIA chipset that runs Windows Update is now given the opportunity to install a patch to DirectX 8.1.

It would have been nice if they figured this out 3 months ago. Literally thousands of people are blaming the Aquarium for this problem.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive